• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Sutton (1) v Rovers (1)

Match result

• Sutton

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sutton (1) v Rovers (1)
Posted by Ian
VBS Community Stadium
Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Think I’d rather Morris as the front player in that line-up. McAlear lined up to be the Walker replacement when he tires? Think might have preferred to have James Norris on the bench as a defensive mid, given Adkins continuing reluctance to use O’Connor there.
Yes the midfield did so well last week (and Connor wood like having Jennings in front of him), I wouldn’t have changed it. Obviously it means we’d have no presence up top so it’s a catch 22.
See how they line up at 3pm

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
No Yarney in the squad but Belegohuan is. Wonder if the youngster is now ahead of big Joe

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Supremely confident now just before kick off. Rovers 2-0!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No Yarney in the squad but Belegohuan is. Wonder if the youngster is now ahead of big Joe
I just spotted that too, Sparky. Think more likely an injury/illness as Yarney had a decent enough game v Wigan.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good chance for Rovers. Long ball forward, Jennings chests it down to Dennis who shoots hard and low, saved by keeper. Sutton go down the other end and McGee makes a good save tipping it wide.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Get in there! Apter showing magic again driving a cross into the box and their defender puts it in

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
GOALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bit of trickery from Apter, hit it in low, deflects off the defender and in.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good work from Apter even if it goes down as an og. Hosts had the better of the game until then.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
There are some issues between defence and GK. There have been a couple of times this half when they just aren't on the same page. Got away with that one.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Snapshot by Dennis just before the break, hits it wide.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
All going to plan at half time although we could do with another goal. Apter looking dangerous and Jennings has set up Dennis a couple of times. Sutton very one dimensional but if we get a second we can win this

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Decent half from Rovers who are not afraid to get forward (which is good) but they also need to be careful at the back. There have been a couple of questionable moments and Suttons direct style could cause a problem. Post saved embarrasment for some. I'd like to see us testing the keeper a bit more but overall, fairly happy with that half.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Agree Ian.
Sutton are poor…….famous last words!
You do feel there’s another error in us yet, hopefully it doesn’t lead to anything significant. It’s never comfortable at 1-0.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Been a fairly even game with both sides having chances. Good to be in front at the break, but can we keep it that way?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think we have been very good. We have kept the ball on the floor, controlled midfield possession and played some very good football. Jennings and Dennis have linked well and Apter has caused them no end of problems.

Sutton are very one dimensional and we have defended the box well, aside from the cock-up between Turnbull and McGee where I thought the keeper was actually equally to blame.

More of the same please.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We are getting the ball down and playing some decent football, they are a lot more direct and carry a threat, could do with a second early on to settle the nerves, well mine anyway