• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Sutton (1) v Rovers (1)

Match result

• Sutton

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sutton (1) v Rovers (1)
Posted by Ian
VBS Community Stadium
Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 18, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

drwhoman

Thought the other Norris was much better in midfield than his previous efforts at LB on Tuesday. Yes he came in as a LB supposedly but he had been playing much more in midfield for Liverpool U21's prior to his arrival. Definitely an option I feel - hopefully like Apter has done when he finally got some game time he will come more into contention.
Yes. What highlights I have seen of L21s James Norris does have something to offer in midfield.

Thought Adkins spoke well on Radio Merseyside about the injury situation. Nice to hear some news for once, even if it wasn’t particularly good news.

Despite missing a few, if we stick with the apostrophe for Saturday we’re knackered. Doesn't fit in and always caught out of position. Rumours that Queens Park and Bishops Stortford are lining up bids..
;)

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Thought Adkins spoke well on Radio Merseyside about the injury situation. Nice to hear some news for once, even if it wasn’t particularly good news.

Despite missing a few, if we stick with the apostrophe for Saturday we’re knackered. Doesn't fit in and always caught out of position. Rumours that Queens Park and Bishops Stortford are lining up bids..
;)
Best grammatical joke in a long time. Lots of competition here. Don’t forget St Albans and Boots the chemists.

But don’t laugh too soon. If this injury crisis continues we may truly have only one Rover left. ;)

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nigel says stats apparently show sutton are the most direct team in the league so wonder if he’ll be tempted to bring Yarney in somewhere. We shall see.

Matt Gray reckons they’ve been playing well over the last five games. If we allow ourselves to get suckered into their hoofball we‘ll probably lose but, if we can stick to our football, I reckon we can win this.

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
Imagine winning two league games in a row! Think I'll throw a party if that happens.
We’ll be spoilt for choice if we do win as I’m definitely throwing one at mine!! First away win, two on the trot; what’s not to celebrate……..most likely scenario is we’ll be crying in our beer all alone if we don’t break the away day hoodoo!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Dan Pike was the player put forward for pre-match interview, so looks like the bashing he took at the end of the Wigan game won't stop him being available tomorrow.
Nigel mentioned Sutton's physical size and we've struggled against bigger teams this season. I did wonder if he was looking to use McAlear for some of the game, as one of the bigger units in a vertically challenged midfield. We need to play the ball on the deck and avoid lumping the ball upfield to stand any chance at Sutton.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think since Nigel has been in charge, we don't tend to lump balls upfield as much. In the panic moments yes, but I think we are trying to play better football now.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree Ian that Adkins is generally trying and succeeding to an extent with getting us to play better football. However we won’t get away with any lumping up in this game.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
A point will do!
It does seem inconceivable that we are playing the bottom team and really concerned that our away form continues!

We have been bullied, most of the season, it has got to stop!

Reactions: Ian
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
We are lucky that the bottom four are all playing against each other. Grimsby and FGR must drop at least three points between them. If we win, IF we win, we will make real progress up the table.

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I just hope that with Norris absent the players don’t feel sorry for themselves. Yes he’s a massive player for us but they’ve got to get on with it and stand up and be counted

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
We are lucky that the bottom four are all playing against each other. Grimsby and FGR must drop at least three points between them. If we win, IF we win, we will make real progress up the table.
I know it could happen, but so optimistic to our recent fortunes. Ha!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Morris back in the side. Hopefully jennings up front with Dennis in a 442.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Morris in for Norris so if still 4-4-2 assume Jennings alongside Dennis. Or perhaps Morris behind Dennis as I’d have been tempted to stick with the same midfield four as last week.
LOC fit to start. No Jolley in the squad.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think I’d rather Morris as the front player in that line-up. McAlear lined up to be the Walker replacement when he tires? Think might have preferred to have James Norris on the bench as a defensive mid, given Adkins continuing reluctance to use O’Connor there.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Think I’d rather Morris as the front player in that line-up. McAlear lined up to be the Walker replacement when he tires? Think might have preferred to have James Norris on the bench as a defensive mid, given Adkins continuing reluctance to use O’Connor there.
Yes I was slightly surprised to see J Norris not even on bench. No Jolley either.
Going to be a battle on a very wet pitch which will likely help their bash it forward style far more than ours.
Would probably take a point right now if I am honest.