• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Starting football again

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is interesting that the Dutch First Division has been voided and all relegation cancelled.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes. No winners or losers. I’m starting to think this is the way it’s going to go as I just can’t see how the remaining games are going to be played in any division.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yes. No winners or losers. I’m starting to think this is the way it’s going to go as I just can’t see how the remaining games are going to be played in any division.
I can see the pram playing but the rest ending as it is now but not voided

drwhoman

The Prem have to finish or reportedly they have to pay 750m back to the TV companies. That would send some of them broke. It will be interesting to see what effect this has on the size of future player contracts and transfer fees. I can but assume that there would be a reduction at least in the short term. It will be harder for less financial sound clubs to retain their better players and they may not get the best price for them.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Player
aldo
it would be great to see Liverpool not get the Title my wife would go bonkers. it would be quite funny though they were thinking they would win by a country mile and Then it was pulled from under them it would be amazing lol

Player
Manager
John King
I can see the pram playing but the rest ending as it is now but not voided
I think that is likely, but I still reckon only two teams will go down from League One as the play offs won't take place. Who knows though......

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The whole of that 14/15 season and the Bury game in particular still hurts. Great how under the leadership of the Palioi, we have rebuilt.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Shows how quick fortunes can change in football. Look at Tranmere and Bury now.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The whole of that 14/15 season and the Bury game in particular still hurts.
Shows how quick fortunes can change in football. Look at Tranmere and Bury now.
You reap what you sow, even in football. The SWA response to the South Park appeal was recognised as phenomenal, but how many of us would consider subbing Bury?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I see that arsenal players are returning to training tomorrow but will train individually

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
see Chelsea players are not taking pay cuts . greed just greed.
In fairness, what good would a pay cut do? Abramovich can afford it. He’s one of the world’s richest men.
However, I don’t hear much about their players donating to good causes, assisting charities or doing anything to set a good example, which is worse. They just seem to be taking one long paid holiday.

Player
aldo
well, we are all having to take hits . some take the piss. as for Newcastle. Ashley is a disgrace to humanity. a horrible fat man who their fans must party and party hard when he finally leaves that magnificent club

Player
Manager
John King
In fairness, what good would a pay cut do? Abramovich can afford it. He’s one of the world’s richest men.
However, I don’t hear much about their players donating to good causes, assisting charities or doing anything to set a good example, which is worse. They just seem to be taking one long paid holiday.
If they wanted to help the NHS they could pay tax through PAYE like the majority of the population, rather than diverting their salaries through management companies as a tax avoidance measure. The same applies to thousands of other wealthy individuals, not just footballers, who seem to be getting a lot of negative press because of snobbery as they are working class people who have money. Personally, I am getting a bit tired with the media' s emphasis on the need for 'charity' to assist the health service. The NHS is not a charity, it is a public service funded by taxation.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
RLC, we are on the same page, my friend. I never mentioned the NHS. I totally agree it should be publicly funded, but there are lots of charities struggling because they are unable to raise funds.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Remember this like it was yesterday:

One hell of a header!

drwhoman

I agree re the NHS. The worst thing is that Matt Hancock stands there lauding the NHS when his party has been quietly privatising it on and off for 20 years or more. Johnson’s hero Churchill was not a fan. That’s politicians I suppose or maybe a revelation on the road to Damascus! One can but hope. Also agree re charities RLC. This Covid thing is also reducing focus on longer term issues. A child dies every two minutes from malaria. 365,000 people a year, many of whom are children. Sobering.