• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Shrimps v Rovers

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We have been the better side this half. Nugent has played well and has made a difference.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Do or die now. We have the momentum, can we get a goal.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Not been good enough over the 2 games don't deserve go through, pity as they are well organised but fairly limited.

Player
Manager
John King
A better second half and the substitutions made a difference. We probably should have started with Nugent. I think the performances were better than they would have been had Hill stayed.

We now need a manager and to begin the recruitment process.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
No complaints. Better second half, but not good enough. Even our goal was offside.

Let's look forward to a better 2021/22 under new management.

Player
Manager
John King
Clarke, Ridehalgh and Vaughan were all very good, and Nugent also had a decent game.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Doesn't feel great that even though it was no surprise. Poor first half, decent second but all a bit too desperate at the end. What a season. Three different managers. We now need a good appointment, some stability and a strong squad to challenge again.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Need to keep that spine of Clarke, spearing and Vaughan. The better side has gone through. Defensively we’ve not been great over the two games and once again, unable to score more than one goal. That has been our undoing for weeks and again today

We huffed and puffed towards the end but it wasn’t enough.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Just not good enough, and a fair reflection of the season overall.

Hopefully get a new manager installed quickly and get the squad sorted and settled before the start of the new season.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Fair play to Morecambe, they have a style of play and it really works for them. I hope they go up....although I don't know what it is, but there's something about McInnes that I really dislike haha

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Not much to add, think that Morecambe deserved it over the two legs, though we did put up more of a fight in the second half. See what happens next I suppose.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Dawes admits he is angry after the first half performance. First 20 mins there was a lack of fight and they had 11 players who wanted it whereas we didn’t. It’s pretty bad really that for a play off semi some of them were not up for it.

Good honesty to be fair and not holding back.

Player
Manager
John King
Interesting interview with Dawes where he basically lays into the players and questions the desire. Difficult to disagree with him after what we have seen this season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Pundits mentioning we are the oldest squad in the league and someone may need to come in and break things up

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Dawes admits he is angry after the first half performance. First 20 mins there was a lack of fight and they had 11 players who wanted it whereas we didn’t. It’s pretty bad really that for a play off semi some of them were not up for it.

Good honesty to be fair and not holding back.
Lack of fight is unforgivable, there are very few from that squad I hope are their next season I think a number of them are not mentality tough enough

Player
Manager
John King
Lack of fight is unforgivable, there are very few from that squad I hope are their next season I think a number of them are not mentality tough enough
I agree about the mentality. Definitely a lack of spirit in the squad.