• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Shrimps (1) v Rovers (0)

Match result

• Morecambe

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shrimps (1) v Rovers (0)
Posted by Ian
The Mazuma Mobile Stadium
Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with Goody’s assessment of the strike force. Saunders had a few chances, but barely troubled the keeper, think Dennis maybe had one chance, but I’m not sure Kristian is that strong in the air and Jolley isn’t as we saw last night. While Luke Norris is unavailable it’s a puzzle why Sam Taylor can’t make the bench.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Our last 20 away games:

Won: 1
Drawn: 4
Lost: 15
I think it is five wins in the last twenty seven league games. When a club is on an extended run of form as poor as that it is very difficult to turn round. We have all the hallmarks of a relegation team unfortunately.

I think Adkins decided to go with players in forward areas who would work hard and track back last night, and sacrificed some quality for better defensive protection. I think it was the right approach given how abysmal our away record is, but of course in the long term we need a balance between creating and scoring goals and defending, which we have not had all season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Agree with ADD that Pike did well at left back and looks stronger that Wood who has struggled of late.

It is bizarre when you think of how many left backs we now have:
Wood, Norris, Leake plus the likes of Pike, Merrie and Turnbull who can all play there.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with ADD that Pike did well at left back and looks stronger that Wood who has struggled of late.

It is bizarre when you think of how many left backs we now have:
Wood, Norris, Leake plus the likes of Pike, Merrie and Turnbull who can all play there.
You’ve missed out Mikey Davies, Sparky :oops:
I thought Pike stuck closer to his man than Wood and tried to get tackles in earlier. Will be interesting to see who starts at Stockport.

Player
Manager
John King
The recruitment in the full back areas has been absolutely shambolic.

I agree that Pike looks the best of the left backs, even though he is out of position there. I also actually preferred Leake to Wood.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir

I agree that Pike looks the best of the left backs, even though he is out of position there. I also actually preferred Leake to Wood.
Especially as we knew during last season that both the full backs we has would be leaving, farcical yet again and we are paying the price of the poor recruitment

Boz

Player
Iain Hume

Leake was very poor in his last game v Salford, although maybe carrying the injury that’s kept him out since? Wood offers more in an attacking sense than Leake, there was one quality cross last night and if we move to using wing-backs, he’d be my preference. In a back four it’s a hard call.

Right-back with O’Connor and Pike/Starbuck as cover seems ok for now. Where I would be critical about recruitment, given the decision to use Lee at right-back, is the failing to recruit another defensive midfielder. Walker’s fitness history is flaky and Merrie wasn’t fit at the start of the season and has disappeared off the radar since.

Player
Manager
John King
Wood is a better crosser of the ball than Leake, but the latter is quicker and a better dribbler.

Leake is not great defensively but I still think he is better than Wood in that regard, plus he can use inexperience as an excuse which Wood can't.

Player
Goodison
How a club with supposedly limited resources ends up with 31 players and an army of full backs is beyond me. We’re a total basket case and clearly don’t have a clue as to what our strongest XI is.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Some suggestion elsewhere that Connor will serve a suspension for a number of yellow cards meaning he’ll miss the trip to his former club

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Some suggestion elsewhere that Connor will serve a suspension for a number of yellow cards meaning he’ll miss the trip to his former club
Would be a big loss. Checked the stats and he’s got 4YCs in the league, the one v Donny looked very harsh, plus one in the League Cup

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Check here chaps

There's a few of them on four yellows.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not sure if this true or not…

Connor Jennings is not suspended for Tranmere’s game on Saturday at Stockport.

Regan Hendry is suspended and will now serve a one-match ban (vs Stockport).

Source: The FA Discipline website

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Suppose it depends on whether Connor’s League Cup yellow counts towards the 5 cards.
Hendry has 5 yellows in the league, so definitely out. He looks like a prime candidate for late substitution, 3 of his 5 cards came in 90 minutes or later.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
You have to ask what is the agent freind MP Has working with him doing and the rest of the supposed recruitment team shoild sack them all the club will go down this season it just looks and feels like it we wont come back anytime soon as they and the club have no money

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
You have to ask what is the agent freind MP Has working with him doing and the rest of the supposed recruitment team shoild sack them all the club will go down this season it just looks and feels like it we wont come back anytime soon as they and the club have no money
You can ask and when you get an answer let us know.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Late night in the kitchen? :)