• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Saddlers

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes i agree defensively we look good and strong in the midfield areas. It’ll either be 0-0 or 4-4 lol!

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
Unless a forward comes in between now and Friday, then I can only see a lot of huff and puff in front of goal, for that reason I am going for a 0-0,.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I suspect even if a forward did come in now, they won't make the starting xi (unless it's Harry Kane :) )

Walsall have loaned a kid from Leicester to bolster their attacking strength.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
My brother-in-law went to the shop for our tickets yesterday. It sounds like an absolute nightmare. The new ticketing system kept crashing and after an hour he came away empty handed. During that time one of the staff was so frustrated with the growing queue and inability to serve people that he packed in the job and just walked out. He will try again tomorrow but this really isn't good enough, either for the supporters or the employees. How many years hae we been selling tickets for?

• Sad
Reactions: Boz
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I had a long career in IT and can’t believe how bad it sounds. It sounds like an old fashioned manual system with printed tickets would have worked better. ;)

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
ONIGP, that’s not filling me with a great deal of confidence as I have to go and collect my season card tomorrow. Annoying as I was on Wirral in mid-July but they weren’t ready then. For all the positives, the club seem disappointing at 2 basics ticketing and communication

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
ONIGP, that’s not filling me with a great deal of confidence as I have to go and collect my season card tomorrow. Annoying as I was on Wirral in mid-July but they weren’t ready then. For all the positives, the club seem disappointing at 2 basics ticketing and communication
Let's hope that they can get it sorted quickly @Boz. I'll let you know how we get on today.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre

I got my season card yesterday boz and all was straightforward. A couple of volunteers sitting at a table on the right asked for my surname and TR number. They me the card (no nice wallet to keep it in), and that was that. I suspect people ordering individual match tickets may be having the I.T issues. I may order my son one online for Saturday (unless he gets a better offer!), and I’m not looking forward to using the new online system

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
During that time one of the staff was so frustrated with the growing queue and inability to serve people that he packed in the job and just walked out.
Pay peanuts, get monkeys..

I might brave going up today to collect my season cards.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Good luck those going for tickets at the club today

• Wow
Reactions: Ian
Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
My brother-in-law went to the shop for our tickets yesterday. It sounds like an absolute nightmare. The new ticketing system kept crashing and after an hour he came away empty handed. During that time one of the staff was so frustrated with the growing queue and inability to serve people that he packed in the job and just walked out. He will try again tomorrow but this really isn't good enough, either for the supporters or the employees. How many years hae we been selling tickets for?
Do you remember the portacabin that was in the directors car park?
They incorporated the ticket office and the shop and for something like this it is beyond belief how anyone can shop.
I say this because my daughter wanted a couple of birthday presents for the grandkids, she went at the wrong time and had to come away empty handed and not happy.
I feel sorry for the staff, who have not got experience in this business, being a member of staff who are poorly paid and have to put up with the frustration that they are supposed to deal with a system that is clearly not working and a shop full of people with a queue outside....
And of course, as someone has already said, it's not the first time!
I might go past the shop about 2.30 Saturday.......

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I might go past the shop about 2.30 Saturday.......
That is our nightmare scenario! To be honest, if we aren't sorted before Saturday we'll probably give it a miss. Fingers crossed (not that they should need to be) that I get to see my first match since Blackpool (10/03/20), and I can't even remember what the last pre-lockdown match at PP was!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The latest is that season ticket holders who purchased after 21st July can't collect their season tickets until Saturday. It will be mayhem in the ticket office before the game.

Absolutely bonkers.

• Wow
Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yep, possibly some more staff walkouts and a melee in the shop. You would think they would learn from previous cockups.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The latest is that season ticket holders who purchased after 21st July can't collect their season tickets until Saturday. It will be mayhem in the ticket office before the game.

Absolutely bonkers.
They are having a stall outside

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I was only thinking about the first shirt we had names on, grey and then light blue, I believe that because Xara printed and cut as it came out of the machine, there was a chance that your name wasn't on the shirt.
I know that all staff was used and volunteers helped sort it out for those who had reordered.
So they can get some things right!
Not much, but now and again your never know.