• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Imps

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The way it's looking, we will have missed the chance of making the play-offs by around the Wrexham game. Once the play-offs are gone, then Brabin must give some of the youngsters an outing.
Despite the extra parachute payments, I'm not too concerned about the likely relegated sides this season; Dagenham are a fairly small side punching above their weight, monies York get will be mainly directed towards their new ground. Those possibly coming up will be a different matter; Ebbsfleet and Fylde seem to be heavily backed financially. The building a side around experienced pros hasn't worked for me and whoever is manager next season will need to be prepared to grow your own players rather than rely on the current approach.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Despite the extra parachute payments, I'm not too concerned about the likely relegated sides this season; Dagenham are a fairly small side punching above their weight.

I agree overall, but you can't completely write Dagenham off with John Still in charge. As you say, we will have enough on our hands with several of FGR, Eastleigh, Grimsby, Wrexham, Ebbsfleet, Barrow and Fylde already down here.

Player
Liam Palmer
Think we'll make the play-offs on the following basis: we'll win the next three games and by the time we play Wrexham they'll be adrift, deflated and with nothing to play for. Eastleigh will be the killer game but reckon we'll get what we need. Grimsby will be safe in third place and resting players when they come to PP. In the play-offs we'll best FGR then lose 2-1 to Grimsby in the final.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Think we'll make the play-offs on the following basis: we'll win the next three games and by the time we play Wrexham they'll be adrift, deflated and with nothing to play for. Eastleigh will be the killer game but reckon we'll get what we need. Grimsby will be safe in third place and resting players when they come to PP. In the play-offs we'll best FGR then lose 2-1 to Grimsby in the final.
I'd settle for that, but realistically we probably need to win almost every game AND hope one of our rivals loses the plot. But if we get to the play-offs, anything could happen and we would be the form team.

Player
Manager
John King

Braintree are the team to watch. They have not won away from home since beating us in December, and six of their last eight games are away. Three of those games are Grimsby, Wrexham and Gateshead, and one of their two home games is against FGR.

They have injuries, will be playing two games a week and there are plenty of opportunities for them to trip up. Having said that, their form since Christmas has been incredible and they have shown no signs of fatigue so far.

It will be interesting to see how they get on at Aldershot tomorrow.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Strange to single out Hughes, as I thought Kirby missed two easier chances today (albeit he played well overall and was unlucky to be subbed).

Kirby did score which Hughes didn't, I do like Hughes as a footballer but he should have had about half a dozen goals for us by now instead of one

Player
Manager
John King
Hughes has by no means been the only player guilty of missing chances in recent weeks. He has a decent scoring record at previous clubs and will hopefully get a couple more before the end of the season.