• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Grimsby

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Since Macclesfield on January, Tranmere record was W11 D4 L4, from beginning of October to end of December, it was W5, D4, L6 and L2 in cup matches.
That means just under 2 points per game or about 90 points in the season, which might have made us runners-up - well shy of automatic promotion. It would still be the play-offs with a 25% chance of promotion.

RLC is right. We don't play like a "100 point" team. Two-thirds of our wins have been by the odd goal and we've only scored more than two goals six times. Without Davies and Norwood, we'd have been mid-table and I just hope they are both around and fit next season.

M

Mal

It is true that we were profligate in front of goal but that is partly what I hope will be addressed by use of the youth and some good signings. To improve upon the form we showed in the last 19 games.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I hope you are right mal but there is little evidence brabin will be blooding young players. Even the established youngsters barely got a look in this season. I fear it will be more the gtf, higdon route.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
The right players - especially some capable young home grown types would be good. Brabin's reluctance might be based on the quality of those that have made tbe team recently eg Cole. Rihht players or not, the biggest hinderance will be GB if still here. I would even prefer Mark Palios!

Is Steve Coppel available?

M

Mal

I have always kept an eye on Hornchurch FC since we played them years ago. They were in our position at the time, I believe. Then the 'sugar daddy' pulled the plug and they went into free fall. Now in Isthian Northen (. Not sure how that works as in South but maybe split into North-South and South-South). They have just lost in the Playoff final so supporters must be feeling even worse than we do.

hopefully, we gave turned a corner and on way back. There are a significant number of ex- National in the league now, and vice versa. So I just treat it as league 5 ! ( can't cope with all that TV renaming of leagues)

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Since Macclesfield on January, Tranmere record was W11 D4 L4, from beginning of October to end of December, it was W5, D4, L6 and L2 in cup matches.

So that means, despite home form being below the norm, some lessons had been learned

If that sort of form continues , then over the season it would be a possible 24 to 26 wins......

The midterm period is what did for us.

I am therefore more optimistic than others, as I think a couple of good additions plus the youths we have signed up will make a positive difference.

I saw a stat the other day which showed league placing based on the last 20 games (or maybe it was 10), anyway, we were 2nd, behind only Cheltenham.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I saw a stat the other day which showed league placing based on the last 20 games (or maybe it was 10), anyway, we were 2nd, behind only Cheltenham.
The problem being a season is based on 46 games although I do agree we have been much better since Xmas. Hopefully next season we won't have such a bad start.

drwhoman

Goodbye Grimsby for at least a season! Best of luck! Would FGR have done better if the owner had not been so rash? Still, He pays for it all so maybe DivTwo is too expensive! (LOL!).