• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Forest Green

Rovers v Forest Green
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Friday, April 19, 2019 - 03:00 PM
Until: Friday, April 19, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I’ve tried to erase the Spurs Cup game from my memory. I’d like Ajax to win the Chimps League.
Funnily enough, the Spurs game is why we are now in contention for automatic promotion. Think of all those nice new players it bought us !

Of all the Greed League teams, I actually like Spurs the most (or dislike them the least). They have not spent that much money, relatively speaking, and have quite a few young players, some English, who have been developed rather than bought for a fortune.

drwhoman

Ajax are a very good team but I cannot help but think that the likes of Barca will be too savvy for them. We will see! The latter have to get past Liverpool first although my money is probably on them doing that.

Player
aldo
i would like Teanmere to win it and stuff the lot of em . but not in my life time lol . thats why i look for the spurs scores some times . they have helped us out . with the reddies

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Funnily enough, the Spurs game is why we are now in contention for automatic promotion. Think of all those nice new players it bought us !
Undoubtedly true, but very little from the match itself that was a positive Rovers memory. Jake Caprice beating one of their defenders for pace my highlight.

Player
Manager
John King
Undoubtedly true, but very little from the match itself that was a positive Rovers memory. Jake Caprice beating one of their defenders for pace my highlight.
I thought the first half performance was positive, and the buzz around the ground was great.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Nors not trained all week apparently - groin strain.
Not good.
If he's a doubt I'd rather lose him now for a couple of games and risk autos than lose him for playoffs.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Bit annoyed about Norwood. I could see against MK that he was struggling. Yes he’s vital for us but we led with 25 mins left when he couldn’t run at times. Mullin and Dagnall were on the bench.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agree with Sparky. Personally didn’t notice that Norwood was struggling until near the end, but Mullin works quite well at closing down and harrying, maybe Dagnall does too, not seen much of him on his Rovers return.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I've been saying for some time that Nors could have been withdrawn before the end of recent matches to lessen the risk of injury. I'm amazed he's lasted all season. Has he played every minute of every game?

Player
Manager
John King
I've been saying for some time that Nors could have been withdrawn before the end of recent matches to lessen the risk of injury. I'm amazed he's lasted all season. Has he played every minute of every game?
He missed the game at Morecambe in October, which we won. Hopefully a repeat tomorrow if he is not available.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
If Nors doesn't make it then hope Mullins gets a go. He won't be short on effort and he's scored a few screamers.
Realistically I think we'll be pipped to the autos. There's therefore a very real chance we'll play FGR in playoffs.
After three miserable results on the bounce against them, a win is a psychological must.

Reactions: Boz
Player
Manager
John King
Even if Norwood does not start, we should still be targeting automatic promotion. It is one game, and we are capable of winning it without him.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Mullin is capable of filling the lone striker role, but can’t remember when he last appeared for us, January? Dagnall doesn’t seem as suited as a Norwood replacement but has had a couple of outings off the bench. What’s happening with Miller, not heard much since it was reported he’d be back in training soon?

Norwood’s absence makes a difficult fixture a whole lot tougher.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hopefully it’s some Micky mind games but as I say at times last week he could hardly move.

If it’s a tear then he could well have played his last game for us

Player
aldo
6850 . with 132 away brilliant again by the best fans in the world . norwood will be fine . the positive vibes going around are making things happen if its the play offs then great would pre fair the autoes but we cant have everthing

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree with AM. I think Norwood will be fine to start. We have a superb chance of the autos so let's keep positive and see where we end up at 5pm tomorrow.

Player
Manager
John King
I agree with AM. I think Norwood will be fine to start. We have a superb chance of the autos so let's keep positive and see where we end up at 5pm tomorrow.
I agree Ian. All this negative talk can be self-fulfilling and could be transmitted to the players. We need players and crowd to be positive and confident tomorrow.

In 2016-17 we were missing several key players in the run-in, but continued to perform consistently and win. Wembley proved a bridge too far, but we had half a squad out by that stage and the current injuries are nowhere near that level. Mellon is excellent at getting the most out of every available player and his teams are always better than the sum of the parts.

Last edited:
Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Miller’s been back in full training for a week or two I think, since his stint at St. George’s but obviously has a lot of ground to catch up. Any doubt with Norwood I’d sideline him as we can still win, if we don’t & it’s the play offs then we’ve kept our powder dry to go again.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I accept I’m normally a glass half empty person but Micky seemed fairly downbeat about it all (although appreciate he can come across dour at times).

I’ll be amazed if he plays tomorrow or monday but hope I’m wrong