• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Exiles

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Others elsewhere saying it’s not true. He did look in some discomfort when he came off. I guess we’ll know this time tomorrow or even earlier

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It is going to create a challenge in terms of adopting our play and making the best use of those in our squad, which may require some experimentation.
Nugent isn't fully fit and is a different style of forward.
Woolery does some of his best work coming from deep and may find it difficult in the more advanced position.
Lewis' height is useful in midfield and pushing him forward potentially leaves us exposed there.
Blackett-Taylor isn't a front man.
Danny Lloyd has been lacking fitness/stamina in recent games.
Jolley/Burton too raw, though think we will need one or other on the bench now.

Who'd be a football manager...?
Assuming Nugent isn’t fit to start I would play Woolery central with Feeney on the right of the front 3. Meaning someone like Morris could play in a midfield 3 with Lewis and Spearing.
alternatively I’d play CBT wide right in the front 3 and keep Feeney in midfield

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Assuming Nugent isn’t fit to start I would play Woolery central with Feeney on the right of the front 3. Meaning someone like Morris could play in a midfield 3 with Lewis and Spearing.
alternatively I’d play CBT wide right in the front 3 and keep Feeney in midfield
Yes, I think that is the most likely option.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
As one door shuts, another opens. If CBT gets his break through this and plays well, it may be a blessing in disguise. In any case, I'm not downhearted about it as one man does not make a tea, no matter what has been said. I'm not downplaying James's contribution, but I have faith in Keith and the squad to ride this out.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm not downhearted about it as one man does not make a tea
Good, at least we won't go thirsty! ;)

It's worrying news about Vaughan but this is why we needed a strong team with players able to step in with various formations and tactics available. RLC case in point regarding Ferrier. Of course we will miss Vaughan but we have good options available.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I’m now starting to think Vaughan might be OK, possibly touch and go for tonight but no big lay off.

Player
Manager
John King
I’m now starting to think Vaughan might be OK, possibly touch and go for tonight but no big lay off.
Rumours elsewhere suggest he misses out tonight, but will be back for the weekend. I certainly hope so.

Player
aldo
if James is not fit tonight he will play the same 3 who have got us to the cup final they have done a mighty fine job sofar. and I won't have complaints with it

Reactions: Ian
Player
Manager
John King
Vaughan not in squad, Nugent starts up front, Morris in ahead of Lloyd.

Player
aldo
not to supprised, Lloyd gives us loads of energy and goals so shame abt him but we know what morris can do I am happy

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Makes sense. Hopefully the interviewers after the game ask Keith about Vaughan

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It will be interesting to see how Nugent fares, guessing he might not play the full 90. Monthe fit again and on the bench. I thought one of Jolley/Burton might have featured amongst the subs.