• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Dons

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • AFC Wimbledon

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Dons
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, November 19, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 19, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I see no reason not to start Simeu (and Turnbull) in the Pizza Cup.
The referee is one who’s being tried out for promotion from the NL. Shall I be diplomatic and say reports from other games he’s been tested on have not been favourable. I wonder when’s the last time Rovers have had 3 red cards in consecutive games..?
We didn't have a player sent off at Carlisle did we

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Davies played well today, which is one reason. I think in the short term Mellon might take action against him. He was clearly very unhappy with him in his post match interview.
I agree MM has every right to be unhappy with Simeu today. However, Byrne looked like he picked up an injury at the end and Davies is just coming back from a long absence. Lose either of them and we’d be left with just Jameson to fill in.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree MM has every right to be unhappy with Simeu today. However, Byrne looked like he picked up an injury at the end and Davies is just coming back from a long absence. Lose either of them and we’d be left with just Jameson to fill in.
True, but Simeu lamped an opposition player today. It is serious misconduct and the club can't just brush that aside.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I thought Micky was a bit prickly when Derek asked him about the first half performances, I think it was a valid question and fair play to him for bringing it up as it has been more than twice as Micky was trying to suggest.

Having Davies back is a big plus. He was good today and doesn't look like he's been away at all, at least we have him to rely on for now.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Micky can be a bit prickly at times, even a bit over sensitive I think. To be fair it’s probably not easy answering questions immediately after the game

Player
Manager
John King
I am not surprised he gets pi$$ed off when he is continually asked to explain the inconsistency in performances, when the depth and quality of the squad is such that inconsistency is probably inevitable.

Outoftowner

Player
Chris Merrie
Manager
Micky Mellon
I am not surprised he gets pi$$ed off when he is continually asked to explain the inconsistency in performances, when the depth and quality of the squad is such that inconsistency is probably inevitable.
C’mon Mr Dick - don’t you think it’s the managers rubbish tactics that’s to blame for these results and not just the team - who individually I believe to be very good footballers !

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Can I remind posters of the forum rules which were accepted on registration.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
We all have a difference of opinion but can we keep it civil please chaps.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think he gets away with it fairly lightly with the interviews. Social media is another beast but at least he is not obliged to answer any of the vitriol on there. A lot of the times DJ is fairly soft with his questioning so I do like it when he occasionaly asks one that might cause minor discomfort.

The inconsistency is really problematic. We won five games on the bounce and now we have not won in six or seven. It's frustrating for all of us.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Player
Manager
John King
I think he gets away with it fairly lightly with the interviews. Social media is another beast but at least he is not obliged to answer any of the vitriol on there. A lot of the times DJ is fairly soft with his questioning so I do like it when he occasionaly asks one that might cause minor discomfort.

The inconsistency is really problematic. We won five games on the bounce and now we have not won in six or seven. It's frustrating for all of us.
I just don't think Jones's comment was particularly accurate and I agreed with Mellon's response. The lack of goals and general lack of consistency has been a major issue, but with a couple of recent exceptions I don't think we have a particular problem starting games. We were very strong in the first half at Swindon last week, for example.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That penalty is actually worse now I've seen it on the highlights. Got no power on it at all.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Simeu was daft and possibly cost us the game. Probably the same thing I'd have done in the BS L in the early 80s but no excuse. Considering that we were 10 v11 in the second half I thought we showed massive commitment and were unlucky not to salvage at least a point. Ultimately you can't afford to have a man sent off, miss a penalty and win a game. While I understand some people's frustrations, I don't think today is the right time for having a dig at MM.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The highlights selections seem to be getting worse, this one doesn’t show the early Lewis attempt and more understandably the cameraman doesn’t capture the Simeu punch. Having seen their first goal more clearly I don’t think Doohan was at fault.

I didn’t think we started that slowly, but when Wimbledon scored with their first attack, we seemed to fall apart. It wasn’t helped by weak refereeing, Hemmings was being pulled all over the place but never given a foul. Things improved a little after the sending off re-set and definitely after h/t. However the failure to convert the penalty sealed our fate. The delay in taking was partly down to Nevitt and their defender getting involved in scuffles on the edge of the box and that waiting time makes it harder for the taker.

One of the big concerns for me is the inconsistency, not so much with the younger players which is perhaps expected, but with some of the senior pros. Hemmings has been off the boil in recent weeks, Lewis had a good effort and won us the penalty but seemed to go missing for spells. While I could understand MMs choice to sacrifice Hawkes rather than Morris, because of Kieron’s greater defensive contribution, but he had a poor game yesterday and it might have been worth giving Hughes some match time when it was clear how little impact Morris was having.

Player
Manager
John King
A positive yesterday was a healthy attendance of 6,006, despite minimal away support. No sign that supporters are deserting the club, despite the toxicity in many quarters.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
605 Wimbledon fans, a decent turnout. Do we know why they were all compressed into the central block?

Player
Manager
John King
605 Wimbledon fans, a decent turnout. Do we know why they were all compressed into the central block?
That figure is the away average for the season as a whole. There were 2-300 yesterday.

The Rochdale fans were compressed into the same area, presumably to cut stewarding costs.

Reactions: Boz