• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Colchester

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Ridehalgh in for Mac Donald, CBT starts, Vaughan on the bench, Ray starts ahead of Monthe.

Pleased CBT is starting up front with Nugent, but don't think Callum should have been dropped. I don't think he did anything wrong last week and has been unfairly scapegoated.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
CBT in from the start. You couldnt make it up really after months of asking where is CBT.
I hope Ray has a better game than his last one. Agree about Callum but this is what KH does. One minute you are in, the next out and vice versa. All very odd. Strong bench though!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes feel sorry for Callum but I had a feeling Hill was referring to him. As for CBT, I’m pleased he’s finally starting a game but why only now? In theory this could be his last game for us - will he be up for it or hoping he doesn’t get an injury which could affect any move he has lined up. Notwithstanding that if he’d started other games recently we could have been still trying to get automatic.

No Manny despite no ban yet - does that mean he has admitted saying something he shouldn’t have?

Player
Manager
John King
Yes feel sorry for Callum but I had a feeling Hill was referring to him. As for CBT, I’m pleased he’s finally starting a game but why only now? In theory this could be his last game for us - will he be up for it or hoping he doesn’t get an injury which could affect any move he has lined up. Notwithstanding that if he’d started other games recently we could have been still trying to get automatic.

No Manny despite no ban yet - does that mean he has admitted saying something he shouldn’t have?
He possibly just feels Manny's head won't be in the right place for a high pressure game. Time will tell if that is the right decision.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don't understand why there is so much chopping and changing of the line-up. I wouldn't have started Feeney, but despite a string of jaded performances, Keith sticks with him. Manny must be down to mental state, he's played fairly well recently. Baffling treatment of Macdonald and Morris also ditched after being one of our better players at Forest Green. CBT is a wild card, may come good. It all feels totally random and who know how things will pan out now.

Player
Manager
John King
I agree with Boz that there is a lot of messing around with the side, in a number of areas for apparently no reason.

Lloyd not in the squad at all and Crawford recalled, is another strange decision.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’d forgotten about Morris. After such a good goal last week and as we’re not exactly free scoring it would have made sense to start him

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Obviously, tactical changes and probably a change of shape, but far too many changes and why is Morris benched?
Can't believe that CBT is starting! Will he be playing down the middle?

It's a good job we don't have to win this game.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Could have possibly done with manny as their attacking players look a physical handful. Time will tell

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Shamal George! Surely we can put a few past him..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Cracking start. Some good quality coming into the box too. Come on Rovers!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
CBT looking dangerous. Nice to see a Rovers player running forward taking on their defence.