• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Colchester

drwhoman

?

My posts are about the Twitter poll. I know nothing about the cowshed poll, have no interest in it, have not commented on it and therefore naturally haven't contradicted anything you've said about it.

But nor does it somehow enhance or validate the credibility of the Twitter poll, beyond gossip value.
The views expressed by others here are not new or a reaction to the last few results. The bottom line is that the team has not been delivering for months, notwithstanding the perceived quality of the squad, and hence the views on Keith Hill managerial performance, whether expressed here, on Twitter, or anywhere else. You may not have a positive view of Twitter (my view is mixed) or the various surveys, but they do reflect the thoughts of real people and are not gossip or 'fake news'.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Having gone public that Keith will be offered another year if he gets us promoted, Mark will keep his word. Keith may not accept if he is offered a better deal elsewhere - more money or fans who will appreciate him.

Twitter polls or not, what will decide Keith’s fate is the team’s performance or season ticket sales.

Personally, I doubt Keith will be here next season. Even if he gets us promoted, Mark and Keith will both get the vibes from the fans- via social media and ticket sales - and they will come to a financial arrangement.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ironically if Keith did take us up but stepped aside for something else where he is more appreciated and happier (he didn’t seem at all happy on Saturday and had that rant about not being able to speak his mind etc), then obviously we may get a better candidate being a league one club as opposed to league 2. That could play into Marks thinking

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Ironically if Keith did take us up but stepped aside for something else where he is more appreciated and happier (he didn’t seem at all happy on Saturday and had that rant about not being able to speak his mind etc), then obviously we may get a better candidate being a league one club as opposed to league 2. That could play into Marks thinking
I doubt he would step aside as he would be entitled to a full pay off if he was fired. However, I agree that Palios may feel he has to let him go even if we do go up, purely because the arrangement just does not seem to have worked.

I dismissed the suggestion when ADD posted it a while ago, but there are plenty of rumours doing the rounds that Palios is waiting for us to lose in the play offs before firing him to avoid having to pay out his salary for next year.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
If we weren't in the playoffs, Mr Hill would have gone by now, as it is, and I've heard the rumours, there will be a new man at the helm next season.

Be interesting to see the budget next season, and the recruitment especially if we do manage to gain promotion.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Is KH only contracted until end of the season regardless of whether we go up or not?

Player
Manager
John King
Is KH only contracted until end of the season regardless of whether we go up or not?
When he was appointed MP said he would automatically get a one year extension if he was promoted. However, whether that was actually written into his contract, and whether we are able to sack him now without paying off his contract for next season (given that we could yet be promoted), is unclear.

He will be here until after the play off matches I am sure.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Let’s just accept that Keith will be our manager until at least the second leg. It’s in our best interests to declare a truce on any change of manager and get behind him and the team. Time enough to talk about change when our fate has been decided.

Player
Manager
John King
Let’s just accept that Keith will be our manager until at least the second leg. It’s in our best interests to declare a truce on any change of manager and get behind him and the team. Time enough to talk about change when our fate has been decided.
Yes, I am going to park the Keith issue for a couple of weeks.

It will be a relief just to be back in the ground and to see the players in the flesh for only the second time this season.

Perhaps the presence of a crowd and the desire to impress in front of the cameras, even if only to secure a deal elsewhere, will allow the players to play with more freedom and express themselves. Clutching at straws perhaps, but I think that is our only hope.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
For me, I would never trash the players, I can criticise but not slag them, everyone can lose form or having a bad day, can make mistakes.
What I don't like, is the manager playing tactics that are negative and hoping that the defence is capable of clean sheets to limp through a season.
Or a manager that destroys the beautiful game, and deliberately sets out to park the bus. Then calls it brilliant, despite not getting a shot on target or scoring. I can sometimes acknowledge being away and under the cosh, but home and playing for a draw against teams who have the worst away records. When a win would have given the fans and players a boost going into the playoffs.
Anyway, enough, let's get behind the players and hopefully have our best performance of the season v Morecambe.
The prayer mat is laid, and I'm praying to the football gods for success.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
If we weren't in the playoffs, Mr Hill would have gone by now, as it is, and I've heard the rumours, there will be a new man at the helm next season.

Be interesting to see the budget next season, and the recruitment especially if we do manage to gain promotion.
I appreciate they're only rumours but If that is the case, and there will be a new manager in place next season, then I would get rid of Hill now and put Dawes in charge of the play offs. The negativity around Hill, the tactics, and lack of creativity at the moment, is killing us! Maybe a new set of ideas (guessing that Dawes doesn't necessarily agree with the current ones) maybe what we need to get the job done. Lets be honest, we should have won this league quite comfortably and shouldn't even be having this conversation.