• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Colchester

Player
aldo
what has got me is this KH said the other day it been a successful season, but you can't fool the fans, then tonight he is saying since Wembley they have not played well enough and relaxed in training and not done this and that ohh but it is not my Falt that the team don,t score goals or make chances, not that its the same team you had taken over that battered Grimsby 5-0 and was so entertaining, you said we would get Rock and roll football and the fans would be entertained and be off their seats, well if we where in the ground we would be off our seats booooing you a poor no wait a piss poor manager who looks like he has lost the dressing room, you have lost the fans and we don't want you not looking forward to the playoffs it should be a celebration a time when the nerves are shredded, but it is not we don't know if the team will score a goal no matter make a chance we are poor but it is not your falt, it must be watching it on Ifollow as we where told it was by NP last week who our they trying to fool rant over

drwhoman

There is clearly a cunning plan. 0-0 draws and then penalty shoot out wins. Seriously though, promotion would not be good. KH would still be in charge and the team would struggle with no improvement in the football quality and we would probably get a few beltings. It would also be very stressful for the Rovers tragics on this blog! Maybe we just have to write this season off and hope for something better in 21-22.

Player
aldo
ok thats it Loads of Morecambe fans are saying we have turned against our team we have not its the Manager so from now on I am back to positive James and THE Nugent to score both goals in our 2-0 1st leg win come on the mighty whites in the team we believe, not Hill

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
It is perfectly reasonable for people to criticise inadequate performances over a number of months on a public forum.
IMHO It is also perfectly reasonable for Mancunianwhite to have an opinion and support his club through good, bad and somewhat indifferent times. Yes it has been poor football to watch recently, that cannot be denied. However, when fans turn up at the playoffs, they need to focus on backing and encouraging the team through those games rather than performing a 'Sutton United Brabin Out' style exercise which could be possible after reading a number of the other ASM sites!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
IMHO It is also perfectly reasonable for Mancunianwhite to have an opinion and support his club through good, bad and somewhat indifferent times. Yes it has been poor football to watch recently, that cannot be denied. However, when fans turn up at the playoffs, they need to focus on backing and encouraging the team through those games rather than performing a 'Sutton United Brabin Out' style exercise which could be possible after reading a number of the other ASM sites!
I never said it was not. It was Mancunian who questioned the right of others to voice their opinion, not me.

As for staging supporter demonstrations, I have never turned on the manager or players in the stadium and have never offered anything other than vocal encouragement to the club in the ground, as I will a week on Thursday. And as I did at Sutton at 11am in August 2016 as it happens.

Criticism of the incumbent manager does not imply that myself and others are somehow inferior supporters, if that is what you are suggesting.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I watch every game and yes we are not easy on the eye but we are in the play offs.

If we don't go up fine be as negative as you want, but until then try and be positive.
The aim for this season as stated by MP was to win the league, despite having a talented and experienced squad we have failed to meet that target miserably and failed to make the top 3.

Despite that Hill says the season had been a success which is Clearly not the case no matter how anybody tries to dress it up. In the past 2 months or do I have witnessed some of the worst most dull football in over 40 years watching tranmere, so I find it difficult to be positive at the moment.

Saying all that there is the saving grace of the play offs so hope is still there.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I have no doubt that the atmosphere against morcambe will be a positive one. It is a play off semi and the fans will be so pleased to be back inside PP.

However if the performance is similar to recent weeks and we look like we’re going out of the play offs with a whimper then inevitably there will be criticism given what we’ve seen over the last dozen or so games

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We will be there to support the lads as we have been for many years but you would be kidding yourself if you thought the football has been good over the last few months. If a similar pattern continues on Thursday and we do not get a positive result, I'm expecting the atmosphere to get a bit frosty, but let's hope we come away with a positive result.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
301F6B4F-8057-4A64-A36E-027AC0963480.png

Player
Manager
John King
There have been similar polls on the Cowsheds site of several hundred respondents, and 80-90% wanted Hill to leave.

Before anybody replies, I am not trying to reignite another debate about Hill, just stating that it is pretty much beyond doubt that a majority of supporters are unhappy with his management.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
77% ouch!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes I’m sure Palios don’t take much notice of this sort of thing but interesting all the same.

77% of 270 tweeters.

By that measure his approval rating has probably INcreased since he was appointed! :)

The views of the 5,000 or so abstainers is probably more relevant. The atmosphere at the first leg might reveal more about that.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If we manage to win promotion, what are the odds that Keith will take another job? It’s possible Brian Barry-Murphy will be sacked and he’ll be offered the Rochdale job again. I think he might read the writing in the social media wall.

No matter what, I hope we get promoted - even if Keith stays. If he gets us up after all that’s happened, we need to give him some slack.

Player
Manager
John King
I would guess that poll and the ones on the Cowsheds are pretty much representative of the wider support. It is a pretty large sample of 5,000 fans and by its nature is pretty random.

Player
Manager
John King
If we manage to win promotion, what are the odds that Keith will take another job? It’s possible Brian Barry-Murphy will be sacked and he’ll be offered the Rochdale job again. I think he might read the writing in the social media wall.

No matter what, I hope we get promoted - even if Keith stays. If he gets us up after all that’s happened, we need to give him some slack.
I am not certain Palios would want to keep him even if we went up, certainly after some of the comments that were made yesterday.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
None of us know the contract small print but allegedly Keith will automatically get another year if he takes us up. And to be fair it would be job done as far as he’s concerned. He may not be popular even with Palios especially after the demotion comments he made yesterday, but if he gets us up no matter how unattractive it may be, he will have achieved what he was brought in to do.

I would guess that poll and the ones on the Cowsheds are pretty much representative of the wider support. It is a pretty large sample of 5,000 fans and by its nature is pretty random.
I don't think a poll created by a disgruntled twitterati, limited to twitterati and distributed largely amongst his network of probably-like-minded twitterati, can really be considered random or representative.

It's certainly the case that Mr Hill isn't universally popular, and I doubt anyone's satisfied with how we ended the season, though we don't need Twitter polls to tell us any of that.