• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Colchester

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Let's see what tomorrow brings!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The target for the season was to be champions according to MP at the start of the season. For me anything less than promotion will be a failure let's hope for a positive result tomorrow regardless of performance.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Being sixth or seventh in a league as poor as league two is, unless we blow it completely, that I can't understand how it's a success.
Scraping into the playoffs, and the dross served up lately, doesn't give me confidence regardless of what division we are in next season.
And if Mr Hill, is manager next season, not looking forward to watching his choice of players if the January window, is to go by.

Player
aldo
oh ok but either way it is not been too great has it not looking forward to tomorrow if I am honest with you got no confidence in Hill, and his shocking roll football

Player
Too many of them after over 50 years!
I think Tranmere supporters are turning into Private Frazer's Army! The season is not over until it is over. By 5 o'clock we will know if it it is a case of season-continued or not. As RLC states, it is still possible that Tranmere will manage to gain promotion. MP would then have a lot of thinking to do as to whether to keep Hill or replace him. It's been a strange season and I still am unsure whether the team would have improved with the 'twelfth man' present.

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
I guess we all have a different meaning for the word success but for me, success is when you win something or achieve something. If we are saying success is reaching a final or a certain round in a competition, I think we are clutching at straws. I actually think he had some nerve saying we have has massive successes this season. If this is massive success, god help us..
As Bob Dylan said Ian, There is no success like failure and failure is no success at all

Alun

Player
Eddie Dagger Roberts
Computer sorted so finally back on line, I said earlier in the season that we had a team that could beat anyone in the league but also lose to anyone. After the position we were in, no ifs or buts we should have gone up automatically, so to find ourselves in the position we are in, scrambling for a point off the last game of the season is a failure to me. We are playing a team near the foot of the league, that are safe from relegation and yet not one of us can predict that we will manage a draw at home against them. My heart tells me that we will get the result we need, then win the play offs, Pallios keeps Hill, who turns out to be a tactical genius and we fly up the leagues and win the premier and then the champions league, all in five years and people will come up to us and ask who we support, when we say Tranmere, they will say ahh a glory hunter. My brain tells me that even if we get the point we need, there is no way we will win the play off..

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I hope the drainage is working, as it has not stopped raining for hours.
My garden is awash. Forecast is for more heavy rain.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is possible that we will still be promoted, but here is a statistic to ponder. In the last thirteen games we have only won once by actually creating a goal from open play that was not an own goal (Barrow). A truly dreadful sequence of results.

Colchester have one of, if not the, worst away records in the division, with only one victory away from home all season, so there are absolutely no excuses if we don't get what we need today.

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
Update: Colchester do indeed have by far the worst away record in the division, with thirteen points from twenty two games.

Player
Manager
John King
The rain is due to ease off shortly, so I think the game will go ahead with no problems.

Come on Rovers. Whatever the difficulties of the last three months, we are four decent performances away from the place in League One which was so cruelly taken away from us one year ago.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Call me negative but I’m not expecting anything other than a positive tippy tappy start but with no penetration or end product. Hope I’m wrong

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Call me negative but I’m not expecting anything other than a positive tippy tappy start but with no penetration or end product. Hope I’m wrong
I agree, Sparky.

Player
Manager
John King
Derby and Sheffield Wednesday both relegated from the Championship as it stands.

There will be some big hitters in League One next season, for whoever is lucky enough to get there....