• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Colchester United

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Colchester

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Colchester United
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree with a lot of the post match reports. Connor mom most definitely. The sponsors mom being announced has been pi££ing me off for a few years now! Perhaps grumpy old man syndrome but the sponsors, if they are doing it right, are getting leathered, having a great time but only have half an eye on the football. I'm waiting for somebody who hasn't even got off the bench to get the award - only a matter of time. While I'm on the "syndrome ", wtf is going on with our announcer! It is bad enough saying that a goal has been scored by "no 99 sponsored by Makinson, Waterston, Smedley-Dewsbury, Completelywrongun Solicitors and Graverobbers, Hawkes" but at least be consistent and know which subs are coming on for whom, especially for the home side! Very poor! As for Colchester, they made it so easy for us after the second goal. As a Rovers fan, I'd be distraught at having two men back at an attacking corner where they should have been throwing the keeper into the box. It was as if they were holding on for a draw. I'm glad I'm not a Colchester fan, expecially since they had a few talented lads playing today. Not the best we'll perform this season but some lovely interplay that, if we become more consistent, will rip some teams to pieces.
I think for many sponsors, their visit to Prenton Park is the first game of football they have attended. That is the only explanation I have for some of the bizarre man of the match decisions.

As for the announcer, I would just be glad if I could hear him: the PA in the Johnny King Stand has not worked for weeks. Not great really, and almost certainly a health and safety breach.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
As for the announcer, I would just be glad if I could hear him: the PA in the Johnny King Stand has not worked for weeks. Not great really, and almost certainly a health and safety breach.
Sorry to hear that, very poor. Then again, perhaps you're the lucky ones! The sound quality has definitely become a bit scratchier over the past few weeks in the Main Stand.

ADD

Player
Norwood
To me it was all about the result yesterday and delighted we won as I feared a scappy draw/ loss beforehand. O'Connor yet again very good with amazing intensity. Some good play early on but then play got very disjointed and we resorted to long balls forward - Doohan every time just bashed it forward - amused me how Higgy was getting in a lather about it on the commentary. But a win is a win and the lads have a free week so much needed after their exertions. Helped massively that Colchester were so bad it was unreal as they were running on fumes late on.
Fair play to MM for bringing on Burton - didn't think he would have at only 1-0. Very nice goal that wasn't an easy header to get that much pace on off a looped cross and he showed a lovely touch as well in one move plus is seriously quick and was hassling ther defenders. Think some have been guilty of writing Burton off as not good enough but he has now scored 3 goals in 4 games albeit 2 at level 7 but then Nevitt was at level 8 when he joined. He definitely has an eye for a goal and hope he is given more chances. Finally and as others have commented it was great to see MM give him a massive hug at the end of the game and to see how excited he was in his interview. Nice touch by the club putting him forward for the post match interview.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
they are cutting corners everywhere back again to the food a lad sat next to me had a burger if thats what you can call it was embarrassing, to say the least, and as for the hot dog well best leave that one alone shocking

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Delighted for Burton but that's how thin the squad is when you need to recall someone back on loan. As it is now, I think having Glatzel would really bolster the forward line, injuries problems aside, he can perform well at this level.

Regarding the match, the second half was a bit of a damp squib for obvious reasons but were still miles better than Colchester. I thought we looked like a proper team out there today, all digging in and working hard for the three points. We have definately improved on the first couple of games so we are heading in the right direction.
The squad is short on numbers but injuries are having having big impact too.
Hopefully Burtons loan will have the same impact it did for Connor Jennings and Charlie Jolley

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
“But we played well enough in the game and I'm sure anybody here, a neutral, will have seen we were the better team with the chances we created and the possession that we had”

colchester Manager post match views. Chances they created?! We weren’t exactly free flowing in attack but they were awful. The stats don’t lie. 9 shots for us with 4 on target. 3 shots for them with zero on target. I know he’ll be biased but come on!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
“But we played well enough in the game and I'm sure anybody here, a neutral, will have seen we were the better team with the chances we created and the possession that we had”

colchester Manager post match views. Chances they created?! We weren’t exactly free flowing in attack but they were awful. The stats don’t lie. 9 shots for us with 4 on target. 3 shots for them with zero on target. I know he’ll be biased but come on!
Their fans have slated him especially for his comments about the game. They had no shots on target as they created very little we were far from our best but deserved to win the game

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
They had a little bit more possession in the second half as we tired but they did absolutely nothing with it.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy