• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Colchester United

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Colchester

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Colchester United
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Interesting the current vote in this thread has 6 wins for Tranmere and nothing else!! Also of interest is a female ref tomorrow.
I was more surprised that 2/10 voted for a Roves win on Wednesday. I can't remember anybody expressing that view. Hands up!?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I was more surprised that 2/10 voted for a Roves win on Wednesday. I can't remember anybody expressing that view. Hands up!?
I was one and I will hazard a guess that BBTC was the other (!?).

Anyway, I said all along it would not be a thrashing.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Anyway, I said all along it would not be a thrashing.
It may have been had they played a stronger team. I thought they were going to field a fairly strong team, maybe a couple of changes but the side Howe picked was unrecognisable from the side he picked against City. The game changed when they brought on Trippier and that was just one player!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It may have been had they played a stronger team. I thought they were going to field a fairly strong team, maybe a couple of changes but the side Howe picked was unrecognisable from the side he picked against City. The game changed when they brought on Trippier and that was just one player!
However, they were never going to play their strongest team.

Even if they had, their squad is not yet on a par with Spurs' or United's when we played them a few years ago. They don't have a Kane or a Son that can simply rip you apart.

drwhoman

However, they were never going to play their strongest team.

Even if they had, their squad is not yet on a par with Spurs' or United's when we played them a few years ago. They don't have a Kane or a Son that can simply rip you apart.
I agree re the strongest team but the one they did field cost north of 50m. Wood 25m, Targett $15m, just off the top of my head.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
It will be interesting to see who starts up top If we have niggles or If Elliot is on his way I am still going 3-0 rovers

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
also great to see such a huge following coming today all of around 80 of them LOL

Player
Ian Goodison
Manager
Johnny King
I know we shouldn’t necessarily be negative about the numbers of away fans (anyone who travels to watch their team has my respect), but it does make a difference to the atmosphere and adds a bit more “edge” with a decent away following. You could possibly have a pop at the home crowd today as it’s likely to be fairly low but, as always, there are reasons for the numbers being as they are.
Anyhow, a Rovers win required (of any description); 1-0 is my prediction.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Jameson misses so it’s 4 at the back with hawkes back in the side. Nolan starts. Burton on the bench

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Line-up much as expected. Colchester look big units, think might have opted for Lewis ahead of Nolan on that basis.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Looks like a 4-1-3-2 with Nolan on the left of the three and Hawkes central

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Line-up much as expected. Colchester look big units, think might have opted for Lewis ahead of Nolan on that basis.
Don't look that big Akinde on bench, 2 centre halves and Nouble big that bout it

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We’re doing well but Colchester are a poor side and here for the taking

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
We lead at the break but since the goal have rarely troubled their keeper and they have had a few half chances. Need more in the final third second half

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It’s been a good performance from Rovers but as @Sparky says we need to be more clinical with the chances. Colchester are quite poor, so hopefully we can push on in the second half.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Too many aimless long balls from Rovers, when we play it on the deck as for the goal, much better. Colchester not done much either but seem have had more of the action in and around the box as the half progressed without turning it into proper chances.