• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Bury

Rovers v Bury
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I can’t see us winning this. The shakers despite having shaky away form of late score plenty of goals and know a win will seal promotion for them against an injury ravaged rovers side. The loss of Ellis is massive for us and we may offer very little threat with Nors playing half fit and us coming up against such an attacking side.
I agree with most things you say Sparky, but this is way too negative. We played really well in the second half at Lincoln and caused problems for a defence which is much better than Bury's. Norwood looked sharp and his movement was good, and we actually coped ok in the centre back positions.

There is no reason why we can't get a result tomorrow.

Player
aldo
we will win positive is the word . we will batter them . and muir will come on and get a late treble

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I agree with most things you say Sparky, but this is way too negative. We played really well in the second half at Lincoln and caused problems for a defence which is much better than Bury's. Norwood looked sharp and his movement was good, and we actually coped ok in the centre back positions.

There is no reason why we can't get a result tomorrow.

I often think I’m sometimes negative RLC to protect myself if things don’t go to plan!! Appreciate I wasn’t at Lincoln where the second half sounded very good.

Weather is interesting. I’ve just had my u12s game called off! I think the pitch will be ok but the wind is horrendous

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Weather is interesting. I’ve just had my u12s game called off!
Same here Sparky. Thank the gods as it was a 9 o'clock kick off! Should be OK later as long as the rain stays away.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Is there a risk this gets called off? Nothing on the official site yet, but the noises from Wirral suggest weather bad and the forecast shows no sign of improvement in either wind or rain for the rest of today.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I would've thought that if the game was in danger then we would of heard by now

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Inspection at 12.15

Last edited:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Presumably it’s playable atm, but they want to assess if still will be with the continuing rain. Very difficult for travelling fans, having to set off now on the off chance it does go ahead.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Just seen. Doubt I’ll make Tuesday, very pissed off!!

Player
ian goodison
to be honest sitting here in front of the fire I,m made up feel for the people who can,t make the mid-week game whether it,s travel or work

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
The rain has not been too bad and I get the impression the pitch is not good enough at the moment. Strong winds would have made the game a lottery though.

Player
aldo
im realy pissed its my last game for a fair while . the pitch has been poor for ages mm said on the telly last night that the head grounds man had just been re employed . oh i cant be there tuesday crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Player
aldo
guess the norwood thing about the game being off is its gonna give Norwood . and perkins more time to recover . Nelson to he is back training so th