• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers v Bury

Rovers v Bury
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We must be due to win a game when a team brings a big following, cant remember when we last did

Player
aldo
7700 now sold lets get to 9k by tomoz night .. on sat im off for the day then gota get to work gonna have to leave 20 mins early gotta be in work for 730 an odd time but got a very late party in . at least im gonna be there

Player
aldo
lets hope its done right so no problems . also think the club needs to sort the seats out . the shed holds 2500 and bury have sold 2054 but sold out . so the club losing out on ££££££ that they cant afford if the other 446 seats where in use and they paid the £18 thata another 8k to the club crazy

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
7590 . just got mine bury have now sold out over 2000 .
About 6,850 on the morning before the FGR match so, all things being equal, we could see an increase of 750 tomorrow. That would be a 10k attendance and, coupled with a win, would be a fantastic way to end the (regular) season. Set up to be a brilliant atmosphere; please God, don't let Bury take an early lead!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Don't forget your equaliser ticket! Probably be around 1k.

Player
ian goodison
bad enough getting beat at home no matter who we play but when the away end is packed ie Wrexham/Lincoln come to mind it hurts even more, mind you other teams must think the same about us looking at the away support we take

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Don't forget your equaliser ticket! Probably be around 1k.
You're right, Ian, it won't be far off! At £2 a game I think I'd need that to be breaking even! Has anybody on here actually won it?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
bad enough getting beat at home no matter who we play but when the away end is packed ie Wrexham/Lincoln come to mind it hurts even more, mind you other teams must think the same about us looking at the away support we take
We need to win this one to exorcise the demons of the 2015 match - that was horrific!

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Been sat directly behind a bloke that won it. Never saw him sitting around us before that day.....never seen him since.
Was about six years ago and I think he picked up about £350!

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Been sat directly behind a bloke that won it. Never saw him sitting around us before that day.....never seen him since.
Was about six years ago and I think he picked up about £350!
He was probably a day tripper from over the water! Mind you I did win a bottle of Anfield Scotch in the early 80s - the super white God has probably never forgiven me for that!

Reactions: Boz
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think we will set up tomorrow in a similar fashion to the second half at Lincoln: a 451 with Jennings on the left and two of Perkins / Harris / Gilmour in midfield alongside Banks, depending on how well Perks has fared in training. Bury are a very good footballing side and I think they will play through us if we start with a 442.

Bury have some excellent players for this level, such as Mayor, O'Shea and Maynard, but can't actually afford most of them. I would dearly love to deny then promotion tomorrow, as no club should behave as they have in recent years. It would be a fraudulent promotion. More importantly, a victory would probably keep our automatic promotion chances alive and make the Crawley game far more interesting. Bury's away form has been very poor in recent weeks, no doubt affected by the off the pitch shenanigans, and this is a game we can definitely win.

Prediction: a gate well in excess of 10,000 and I think we will edge this one.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It will be interesting to see how many actually attend at PP, but a 10000+ crowd for a FL2 game would be very impressive.

The last game that Bury played at PP was against an already relegated Rovers and the gloating of some of their fans after winning the match to secure promotion. There will be some baggage carried over from that game amongst the SWA. Omotola, who made his Rovers debut from the bench that day and was once regarded as a real prospect, now plays his football in the Southern League.

Bury have a few ex-Rovers in their squad; ex keeper Joe Murphy and former loanees Will Aimson and Danny Mayor. They're managed by the money-grabbing Ryan Lowe, who has made a decent stab at management, having failed to keep the Shakers up in a caretaking role last season.

Both teams will be going for a win in this match, but the weather may be a factor in turning the game into more of a lottery, with rain and strong winds forecast throughout. Not entirely sure on the injury situation; some suggestion that Zoum might be unfit and with Ridehalgh a non-starter, would have concerns about Buxton at left-back against a side of Bury's attacking calibre. I think a line-up as RLC suggests is likely, though would be cautious about starting Perkins if he's not close to full fitness. Maybe McNulty on the bench.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I can’t see us winning this. The shakers despite having shaky away form of late score plenty of goals and know a win will seal promotion for them against an injury ravaged rovers side. The loss of Ellis is massive for us and we may offer very little threat with Nors playing half fit and us coming up against such an attacking side.

I really don’t want to see them going up again after a few years ago but think they’ll go for it and be too good for us. Our only hope may be the weather which could even things up. Hope joe Murphy gets a decent reception

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think we play better when sides attack us so I'm hoping for a open, entertaining game. I think we'll sneak it by a goal.