• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Just shows how desperate and ridiculous a decision mickey made playing Burton at Northampton recently given he’s now been sent back to stalybridge
It made no sense the same as playing 3 players put of position in the back 5.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Just shows how desperate and ridiculous a decision mickey made playing Burton at Northampton recently given he’s now been sent back to stalybridge
That was the game where Glatzel wasn't going to be fit enough to play the full ninety so Burton started to enable us to keep the same shape. From what I heard and saw, Burton wasn't even the worst of the outfield players on that day.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It was a bizarre line up, but I think Mellon subsequently admitted that he did it purely to get a reaction from the established players who had not been performing.

It was interesting that in his interview today Mellon said the players are not given any different tactical instructions before away matches. You have to assume he is telling the truth, because the players themselves would know if that was rubbish.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
well I have been talking to an ex-player who knows and worked with some of our team and he talks of bad management and instruction to the players this guy was part of King's great teams and even played with MM, and yes you take what is said with a pinch of salt but does make you wonder

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I think Burton played ahead of Jolley that day which was strange. Jake did nothing wrong but was partly up against some giant Northampton centre backs. Our away form hasn’t improved as it’s still 2 points from our last 21 available on the road.

Yes I suspect they aren’t given different instructions. It may just be players feeling more confident at home with the expectations they need to deliver especially attacking the kop second half. Whereas away perhaps they subconsciously go into their shell a bit. But it’s up to the manager to snap them out of that

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
well I have been talking to an ex-player who knows and worked with some of our team and he talks of bad management and instruction to the players this guy was part of King's great teams and even played with MM, and yes you take what is said with a pinch of salt but does make you wonder
Part of kings team and played with Micky?? That’s got me thinking!!

Bad management I’m not sure about. For all his suggested failings on social media, mickys promotion record at this level stands up to anyone else’s

Player
Manager
John King
Part of kings team and played with Micky?? That’s got me thinking!!

Bad management I’m not sure about. For all his suggested failings on social media, mickys promotion record at this level stands up to anyone else’s
Morrissey, O'Brien, Stevens ?

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
non of them let us see who gets it first I have said About him on this forum before not giving any clues LOL

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh dear

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Back in the day, most were saying Zoum was a better player.

Player
Manager
John King
Back in the day, most were saying Zoum was a better player.
At the time he did not look good enough to be a top six Premier League player. It just shows that young players develop at different rates, and the importance of character as well as ability.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
At the time he did not look good enough to be a top six Premier League player. It just shows that young players develop at different rates, and the importance of character as well as ability.
I agree that, never thought he would do so well in the game and glad it’s turned out that way. At the time he was with us, felt he was a bit underrated by comparison with Zoum by some of the fan base