• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

More tenuous, as he’s only almost a Rovers old boy, is Belgium coach Anthony Barry, who we offered the manager’s job to a couple of years ago. From what they’ve shown in the tournament so far, we dodged a bullet there!
(Joking aside, he might well have been a very good appointment for us).

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
More tenuous, as he’s only almost a Rovers old boy, is Belgium coach Anthony Barry, who we offered the manager’s job to a couple of years ago. From what they’ve shown in the tournament so far, we dodged a bullet there!
(Joking aside, he might well have been a very good appointment for us).
Can’t seem him being Belgium first team coach for much longer after their shocking exit from the World Cup

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Can’t seem him being Belgium first team coach for much longer after their shocking exit from the World Cup
Martinez has seriously underachieved in his seven year tenure considering the players he was working with. I was never quite sure why he was qualified to manage players of the level of De Bruyne, Hazard and Lukaku based on his modest achievements in club management.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Martinez has seriously underachieved in his seven year tenure considering the players he had at his disposal. I was never quite sure why he was qualified to manage players of the level of De Bruyne, Hazard and Lukaku based on his modest achievements in club management.
Yes I agree.

Lukaku tonight looked like a poor man’s Kane Hemmings!!

drwhoman

Martinez has left his job as Belgium manager, no surprise having failed to get out of the group
They were not in the right place mentally. De Bruyne was saying before the tournament that the squad was 'too old'. Not a good mental state to go into the World Cup with! Compare that with Australia. Total over achievement with a team largely made up of Championship players and similar. No celebrations, no social media after their latest win. On to the next game. Mind you, a game against Messi and co will surely be a step too far!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Danny Johnson scores again for Walsall. His goals have rocketed them up the table in recent weeks.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not an old boy but if it had been a few degrees warmer I may have gone to chester tonight for a footie fix. A fourth consecutive win takes them up to second in national league north.

I was thinking last weeks whether Micky would ever try and get Connor Jennings back to the club as he’s only really a bench warmer at Stockport.

Although he’s on a decent wage there he’s gone on loan to national league altrincham for a month.
Connor’s loan has now been extended for another month.

With Alty having gone full time this season it’ll be interesting to see if they try and get him on a permanent in January, or whether Stockport still think he has a role to play for them.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Connor’s loan has now been extended for another month.

With Alty having gone full time this season it’ll be interesting to see if they try and get him on a permanent in January, or whether Stockport still think he has a role to play for them.
I’d be surprised if Stockport want to keep him. They have a fairly decent squad and clearly haven’t needed him of late. Glad it’s been extended at Alty as he must be doing ok there