• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You can’t go on forever although didn’t we want to keep him? I thought he left because he wasn’t happy with the contract offered.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
You can’t go on forever although didn’t we want to keep him? I thought he left because he wasn’t happy with the contract offered.
We offered him a player/coach role with limited playing opportunities, he wanted more playing time so turned it down

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
Correct but I am assuming that we could have offered him a contract that would have persuaded him to stay but we chose not to. "Released" was incorrect on my part.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree with ONIGP that we effectively released Clarke because he made it clear he wanted to play every week, and we made it clear that would not happen.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I agree with ONIGP that we effectively released Clarke because he made it clear he wanted to play every week, and we made it clear that would not happen.
I saw a heat map yesterday of Walsall’s starting eleven in the first half and everyone was around the half way line, apart from their number 26 who was a lot deeper than everyone else! I was gutted when Clarke left but Turnbull and Simeu have been outstanding. Hopefully davies can get fit and we’ll have the three of them competing for two places (with Byrne as back up). Although I suspect Jameson will be in the becnh as he can cover at left back too. Robinson injured for a while and hockenhull is about as close to the first team as Dave Higgins!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
hockenhull is about as close to the first team as Dave Higgins!
That’s the Dave Higgins who’s just had an op, hip replacement (?)and currently on crutches.
:)
Surprised we haven’t loaned Hockenhull out yet. He’s not even getting any Pizza Cup action.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
That’s the Dave Higgins who’s just had an op, hip replacement (?)and currently on crutches.
Surprised we haven’t loaned Hockenhull out yet. He’s not even getting any Pizza Cup action.
I wondered what the issue was with Higgy when I saw him in the tent yesterday.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Possibly when Jameson and Davies are fully fit then Hockenhull will get sent out.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Carl Spellman is now at Anfield based Lower Breck in the NW Counties League Premier Division.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
He’d have done better staying with Rovers the way things panned out. Unlike Otis Khan, was quite sorry to see him not accept the deal we offered. Bristow certainly the better option in the wing-back, with more potential but a closer contest comparing them as orthodox left-backs.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
If Stockport carry on the way they are they’ll be looking over their shoulders fearing relegation

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mcdonald starts away at cookies in form Bradford. Connor Jennings on the bench for the hatters

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No surprise, Stocky have run out of left-sided defenders.