• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Rovers old boys

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Not an old boy, but Gnonto who recently featured against us for Leeds Under 21s came off the bench as their first team beat Liverpool at Anfield.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Not an old boy, but Gnonto who recently featured against us for Leeds Under 21s came off the bench as their first team beat Liverpool at Anfield.
Yes I was thinking about that and he was heavily involved with the Leeds winner tonight

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mani D and Tollit score in the Halifax v Oldham national league game.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Mickys old side Dundee united sit bottom of the SPL after defeat by joe harts celtic. Although mickys replacement had a good season last time before leaving, you wonder whether some of mickys pragmatism would keep them up

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Paul Mullin scores twice in the live tv game playing against Ben Tollitt

Last edited:
Also in the Cup, George Waring is on the bench for Curzon Ashton against Cambridge this afternoon.

And PonticellI played for King‘s Lynn in their giant killing at Doncaster yesterday.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just listened to a very interesting trip to the moon podcast with Ryan Williams. Only played a couple of games for us but born a stones throw from PP and at 31 has played in the USA, Brazil and is now playing in the Swedish top flight.

He made a point we all know about mickys management style normally wanting his senior pros on the pitch and running things off the pitch. He did that with us and also at fleetwood. It does make you think what Micky thought about such a change in policy for youth this season, going away from what he has had success with. I guess if it was what the chairman wanted and he pays the wages then he’s got to go with it.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I was thinking last weeks whether Micky would ever try and get Connor Jennings back to the club as he’s only really a bench warmer at Stockport.

Although he’s on a decent wage there he’s gone on loan to national league altrincham for a month.

Player
Manager
John King
I was thinking last weeks whether Micky would ever try and get Connor Jennings back to the club as he’s only really a bench warmer at Stockport.

Although he’s on a decent wage there he’s gone on loan to national league altrincham for a month.
I don't think he is good enough now. He was tremendous for us prior to his illness, but if we are theoretically trying to move to the level above we need better players.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I don't think he is good enough now. He was tremendous for us prior to his illness, but if we are theoretically trying to move to the level above we need better players.
Yes you do wonder how much his illness took out of him. I guess with (in theory), similar ambitions to Stockport despite the differences in budget we would be looking elsewhere. I still would like some more pace in the side especially in attacking areas

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Stockport fans seem fairly negative about Connor Jennings, afraid the reality is that he's not the same player he was before the cancer. I hope that he's able to get back in the groove with getting more playing time at Altrincham, but have doubts he'd be able to make an impact at this level now.

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
What would it say about our ambitions if we brought in someone who can't get a game for a team in the same division? Thanks for the memories but we have to move on

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
in terms of Mullin, there was clearly mis-management of the situation! Played out of position, not given the necessary continuity of games etc. stats speak for themselves since his departure…Could/should have been the natural progression after Norwood. I actually posted here back in the day that he was the Kop’s choice, pretty vocal at the time! Anyway, the rest is history…

Player
Manager
John King
in terms of Mullin, there was clearly mis-management of the situation! Played out of position, not given the necessary continuity of games etc. stats speak for themselves since his departure…Could/should have been the natural progression after Norwood. I actually posted here back in the day that he was the Kop’s choice, pretty vocal at the time! Anyway, the rest is history…
I think you are rewriting history here. He was unable to form a partnership with Norwood and was never likely to displace him, and when he was given an extended opportunity in the 2019-20 season he did not take it.

He did very little at Morecambe and Swindon before arriving at Prenton Park, and it might actually have been his release from Rovers that spurred him at Cambridge, allied to greater maturity. That is how football works sometimes.

Vaughan was a clear upgrade on him when he arrived in January 2020.

Player
Mungy's Hairdresser
Feel like I’m responding to MM’s defence lawyer! Maybe we should spur everyone’s career on by releasing them!? Ridiculous comment!! Vaughan was a one man beast who would have gotten us out of L2 single handed bar the injury… Wonder how far Hill would have taken us? Not far I suspect, which was why I thought at the time good fortune had favoured us!