• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (3) v Gills (1)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Gillingham

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (3) v Gills (1)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, November 25, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, November 25, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Good result. I predicted we had to do well soon and fortunately I was right. It’s a great shame about Apter. He was with our academy for eight years but stolen by Blackpool at sixteen. Still, at least we have him for six months and he loves the club.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Good result. I predicted we had to do well soon and fortunately I was right. It’s a great shame about Apter. He was with our academy for eight years but stolen by Blackpool at sixteen. Still, at least we have him for six months and he loves the club.
Good prediction BBTC.
I don't think that's correct in Rob Apter's case. Think he was released by us.

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
A very good performance today and an enjoyable match. At last it feels like we are developing some kind of cohesive style and shape. Apter is class and I really hope we can retain him for the season. While I think we deserved the win today we still look vulnerable at the back on occasions. On another day, without our clinical finishing, it could have been a different result. While I am feeling positive I do think that this is still a work in progress. Onwards and upwards!

drwhoman

It will be interesting to see what happens with Apter. Blackpool are close to the L1 play off places and may not have a desperate need to get him back.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
It will be interesting to see what happens with Apter. Blackpool are close to the L1 play off places and may not have a desperate need to get him back.
Do you think they have four players better than him out wide? Sadly I am guessing not. He was loaned to bring him on, quite exceptionally in his case he has done that unlike the Lpool whizzkid for instance. I am assuming him and Norris will have little part now. Baffled how Taylor and Jolley were absent yesterday unless more phantom injuries. Saunders looks worse every time I see him now

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Hi all i had to listen to the game on the radio sounded like a good game and all the radio kept saying was they are keeping there shape. Sounds like NA is starting to turn the ship around . Well done Rover's and on our way up

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Do you think they have four players better than him out wide? Sadly I am guessing not. He was loaned to bring him on, quite exceptionally in his case he has done that unlike the Lpool whizzkid for instance. I am assuming him and Norris will have little part now. Baffled how Taylor and Jolley were absent yesterday unless more phantom injuries. Saunders looks worse every time I see him now
It may depend on what system they play as if they play with wing backs I don't see him doing that role for a near top end of the table team. He needs to be playing regular football to aid his development, if he goes back and at best is on the bench then that would be a waste

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, I don't think it is a given that Blackpool will want Apter back. They are flying in League One and it is far from certain he would be a regular starter there.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Blackpool may not have a need for him but there may be other clubs sniffing around. How long did we loan him for?

Player
Aldo
Apter is making great progress at Tranmere , would B’pool want to stunt that ? Fingers crossed he stays . I cant make sense of Saunders keeping Taylor out of the team either , injury ?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
While Saunders has his limitations, we’ve no attacking player aside from Apter with any pace, so can see why he’s on the bench.
Pike can cover both right and left back and there were other options in the squad or could have switched to wing-backs in a situation where both starting full-backs became unavailable. For home games it makes sense to have more attacking options available and my preferred bench would have seen Taylor ahead of Leake.

He’s approaching the last six months of his contract at Blackpool, but they’ve an option to extend for another year. By which time they may or not be back in the Championship. Really hard to call what they’d want to do with the player in January.