• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (2) v county (1)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Newport

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (2) v county (1)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, December 9, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, December 9, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
After 10 days off our mid-season break comes to an end. The players should be fresh and raring to go. And a few niggles sorted and let us hope a few hard days on the training pitches will iron a few of the issues out. Going for a thumping 4-0 with both connor and the menace getting all the goals. Come on the whites oh and happy Xmas guys

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
You been on the sherry. I'll take anything more than a defeat from every game now. Expect Apter to get the Morris treatment from last year now, so hopefully gaps will open elsewhere. I'd guess caterers look forward to NYE! ATB a Jolley Xmas from off the bench

Reactions: Ian

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Hopefully we can have another 3-0 win after our last two home games. Jennings will return and if fit Dennis too with both playing up top. In fact I’d expect pretty much the same team as the gillingham home game assuming Wood is fit, with the only change being Yarney for Turnbull. The bench may be stronger with a fit and ready Saunders and Jolley plus hopefully Hawkes is back too.

Before their FA cup draw with Barnet the visitors felt their season was turning with two successive league wins. Impressive wins too, ending stockports winning run and an away win at ged brannans morecambe. So they are in decent form. So are we of course.

Newport will use the dark arts, disrupt the game and be physical. A bit of likely time wasting too. Omar Bogle up top can be a handful and we’ll have to keep an eye on him. Also the visitors have ex Bala Town striker Will Evans who has 11 league goals this season. Why don’t we pick players up like him?!
Hopefully our up turn in scoring goals will continue and we can pick up another home win.

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A tricky but certainly winnable game, I'm going for home win 2 1.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Hopefully we can have another 3-0 win after our last two home games. Jennings will return and if fit Dennis too with both playing up top. In fact I’d expect pretty much the same team as the gillingham home game assuming Wood is fit, with the only change being Yarney for Turnbull. The bench may be stronger with a fit and ready Saunders and Jolley plus hopefully Hawkes is back too.

Before their FA cup draw with Barnet the visitors felt their season was turning with two successive league wins. Impressive wins too, ending stockports winning run and an away win at ged brannans morecambe. So they are in decent form. So are we of course.

Newport will use the dark arts, disrupt the game and be physical. A bit of likely time wasting too. Omar Bogle up top can be a handful and we’ll have to keep an eye on him. Also the visitors have ex Bala Town striker Will Evans who has 11 league goals this season. Why don’t we pick players up like him?!
Hopefully our up turn in scoring goals will continue and we can pick up another home win.
Declan Drysdale is also in their squad, has been injured lately.
Why can't we produce players like him?
A draw looks likely.

• Haha
Reactions: Boz

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Our home form is good right now and we are playing with more confidence. The lads should be fired up for this one and I think we'll win 2-0.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Newport have come into some decent form recently and this will be a testing game. Our recent record against The Exiles at PP has been disappointing, with only one win in the covid season under Keith Hill and last season's 1-3 defeat used to justify Micky;s sacking. Think to keep momentum going in our move away from the drop zone, we probably need 4 points from the next two. My gut feeling is we're more likely to get the win away at Walsall than tomorrow.

The weather tomorrow afternoon is going to be very windy, which will make things more of a lottery. Probably a similar line-up to the Gillingham game, save presumably Yarney in for the banned Turnbull. Wood wasn't mentioned by Nigel replying to the injury query in the pre-match interview, so hopefully he is available.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
5 games off in our league now including Sutton and Forest Green so a big chance to put some distance between the bottom 2.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Thankfully this is not a must-win game, but anything less than a win or a fighting draw would dent both team and fan confidence. It will be several weeks at least before we are safe, so the sooner we get into that winning habit the better.

As with almost all of Rovers’ games, any result seems possible, but I’m going for a 2-0 win.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It'll be tough today and the conditions aren't great but the last few games have been much better and we are scoring goals again so I'm confident we can walk away with maximum points.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I fear the conditions could be a bit of a leveller so I’m going for a draw.
Dennis and Jennings back in and Yarney for Turnbull. Wood fit to start.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Starting xi as predicted. Interesting bench, no Leake, Taylor or Merrie, while Murphy still not returned to sub keeper duty. Guess James Norris on the bench as he can cover both full-back positions.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bit tricky out there but we have had chances. Need to be a bit more convincing in front of goal.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
After a bright opening from Rovers it’s been mostly Newport. Only a long range effort from Jennings and a corner against the woodwork have come close for us, while the visitors have had about four decent chances aside from the goal. .

Some weird refereeing thought the Morris booking was very harsh, while Bogle shout for a penalty looked credible.

Think Adkins needs to make early changes if we don’t start this half on the front foot.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Get in rovers brilliant win hope rob is not out and just being careful with him, NIGEL has certainly got the team going longer thid goes on the better 3 wins in 5 and unbeaten to good on the team