• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (2) v Accy Stanley (0)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Accrington

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (2) v Accy Stanley (0)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, September 23, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 23, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
For me the jury is still out on Jolley. He works hard and has bulked out a bit over pre season but I’m not sure has what it takes to score on a regular basis. With Taylor there is clearly potential but I suspect he’d prefer to play through the middle.

If we’re serious about top seven this season then we need both Norris and Dennis in the side in my opinion, in a system that plays to their strengths and gives them service. Otherwise despite others chipping in I suspect we’ll float around mid table at best (which many SWA might take now if it was offered).
I agree with this, but we xan nly go with whose available, and Jolley is the best replacement we have for Norris. Jolley may chip in with a few goals, but in the main Adkins needs a plan that will get a fit Dennis playing down the middle reaping the rewards of Jolley's donkey work.....until Norris can take over from Jolley. But then again we're talking 442 when there's little chance of it being implemented.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
There is a time and place when a certain player is indeed the most appropriate change.
A manager, (not Dawes) would want someone like Dennis to come on and do a job for the team. Changing shape, tactics, formation. It may even be in the wrong role, but that is one way to use your bench and players.
It's just that we have started and ended games, not in the shape, formation that would suit him, for example in a four, four, two!
I would like to see him with Luke Norris, but even tho Connor was in midfield Saturday, would you drop Hawkes or Taylor, when Luke was fit.
But that is what we were asking for all last season. And we haven't mentioned Saunders!

Reactions: Boz

drwhoman

On another happy note. Plastic Salford got whacked by the Burnley second team in the EFLCup.

Reactions: Ian

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
There is a time and place when a certain player is indeed the most appropriate change.
A manager, (not Dawes) would want someone like Dennis to come on and do a job for the team. Changing shape, tactics, formation. It may even be in the wrong role, but that is one way to use your bench and players.
It's just that we have started and ended games, not in the shape, formation that would suit him, for example in a four, four, two!
I would like to see him with Luke Norris, but even tho Connor was in midfield Saturday, would you drop Hawkes or Taylor, when Luke was fit.
But that is what we were asking for all last season. And we haven't mentioned Saunders!
I think the 4-5-1 maybe here for some time and Dennis an immobile sniffer may not feature much. Nigel is a very modern technical coach some players are not a fit for him.
The full backs need sorting, he has a cast of thousands.
Morris once his role is ingrained into him may well play left side of the central three. O'Connor could go middle and Walker to the right. The two wide players will always be likely substitutions, so four players there. Can't believe Jolley is anything than the best option currently but there again Nigel may not wish for the battering ram option. It is noticeable how reduced the long direct ball has become already.
Interesting times