• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Northampton v Rovers

Match result

• Northampton

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Rovers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Northampton v Rovers
Posted by Ian
PTS Academy Stadium
Saturday, March 5, 2022 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 5, 2022 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Strange looking team, at a guess O'Connor 3rd centre half Morris left wing back.

ADD

Player
Norwood
McPake back in also and Davies dropped for NKP. McManaman starts also.
Suffice to say MM is rolling the dice.... Interesting

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hmm, doesn't fill me with confidence although fair play to Micky for making changes. Fingers crossed, lets go!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Micky has obviously decided enough is enough. When on a bad run, he can’t keep picking the same team and not give others a chance. I’m glad Burton is finally getting the nod, although I expect Glatzel may get half an hour at the end. Nevitt doesn’t even make the bench.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Bizarre looking team. To play Burton, NKP and Mcmanaman is a real surprise but many SWA have been asking for changes but is this too much? Time will tell

Player
ian goodison
never saw that line-up coming last chance saloon time or managerial master stroke ? seems strange to throw burton into the fray given the magnitude of this game.

Reactions: ADD

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Gobsmacked at this line-up is the politest way I can put it.

The change that I find most puzzling is the dropping of Macdonald. He didn't have a good game at Newport, very few did, but the last full match I viewed at Hartlepool, he was probably MoM. Who is playing left-back today? Morris' failings there are well-documented and I can't see Mcmanaman in that slot. Merrie still in Siberia and doesn't even make the bench. Or are we going to a back 3 with O'Connor dropping back? With Spearing's absence that would leave us short of tackling ball-winners in the middle of the park.

Unsure that Burton has even featured in the Pizza Cup this season? Surprised at him starting, although that decision may be with an eye to Glatzel coming on for a cameo as BBTC suggests. Nevitt not even on the bench.

The other changes perhaps more understandable. Davies not at his best v Newport and Micky's preference always for a left/right footer combination in central defence. McPake for Hawkes a like for like. Overall this line-up feels a bit like when Micky brought Dieseruvwe back into the side at Mansfield, my instincts are that the outcome will be equally dismal.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Didn't realise the ground is not fully built and basically crap.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
The hosts take the lead with a simple corner where a big lad drifts onto cogley and heads in at the back post

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The hosts have turned the screw after about 20 mins and we look all over the show conceding in the process. Little attacking threat yet again.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
"Gobsmacked" Boz?..I call it DESPERATION. And now..the inevitable 1-0 down

Reactions: Boz

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Doohan kicking has been awful.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We’d started brightly but have lost our way and now conceded an almost identical second.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
2-0. Absolute rubbish.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Doohan needs subbing. He has lost all confidence. This could be a cricket score...