• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New sponsor deal

Y

Yellow Submariner

Seanyb said:
Thus proving that the Liverpool 08 is attracting attention

Of course it's attracting attention - the Reds and the Blues need to follow this fine example set by Rovers.

B

Banana Army

Yellow Submariner said:
Seanyb said:
Thus proving that the Liverpool 08 is attracting attention

Of course it's attracting attention - the Reds and the Blues need to follow this fine example set by Rovers.

:lol: This boys smooth talking Marine into their biggest attendance of the season on 29th April

Y

Yellow Submariner

Banana Army said:
This boys smooth talking Marine into their biggest attendance of the season on 29th April

:D You've foiled my plan! I'm waiting for the comment "The next thing you will say is free coach travel from Prenton Park!" If I was rich and eccentric I would!

Getting back to the 08 sponsor deal - does anyone know what reaction you would get from Everton fans, should the club adopt the same approach as Rovers? (Apologies, I have not read the whole of this thread, so this may have been covered) but strikes me that EFC are in an awkward position as I'm sure they will not want 'LIVERPOOL' splashed all over the kit and certainly not in RED! But they are as much a part of the region as LFC and TRFC.

B

Banana Army

Yellow Submariner said:
Banana Army said:
This boys smooth talking Marine into their biggest attendance of the season on 29th April

:D You've foiled my plan! I'm waiting for the comment "The next thing you will say is free coach travel from Prenton Park!" If I was rich and eccentric I would!

Getting back to the 08 sponsor deal - does anyone know what reaction you would get from Everton fans, should the club adopt the same approach as Rovers? (Apologies, I have not read the whole of this thread, so this may have been covered) but strikes me that EFC are in an awkward position as I'm sure they will not want 'LIVERPOOL' splashed all over the kit and certainly not in RED! But they are as much a part of the region as LFC and TRFC.

Good point. In fact Everton are more of a part in 08 than us. Im fine with having Liverpool on our kits, but Liverpool are just as much Scoucers as Everton, its just the take the cities name. Everton should really be a part of it, but like you i think it would bevery interesting to hear there fans reactions.

Player
Morrisey
I could understand a rejection of the name on their kit!

But on the otherhand, if they would then it would appear like they would be denying their identity from Liverpool!!

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Now you see, Man City and Man Utd don't have this problem :!:

Perhaps Everton should be renamed Liverpool Utd and Liverpool can be Liverpool City :wink:

Could you imagine Everton moving into the 'City of Liverpool Stadium'?

Out of interest, are there any other teams who are just named after the town/city they're near, i.e. no 'Town', 'City', 'United', 'Rovers', 'Albion', etc... I'm sure there must be, Liverpool can't be the only one.

Well I've just thought of Sunderland, or are they Sunderland something :?: :?

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Super_white_army said:
Chrystal Palace? Bolton? There must be more

Crystal Palace - Yes

Err, Bolton WANDERERS? :D

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
OH W*NKY W*NKY; W*NKY W*NKY, W*NKY W*NKY, WANDERERS!

(sorry has to be done though really, doesn't it?!)

Clubs with single word names (excluding the words "Association", "Football", and "Club") and as far as I'm aware they're all named after places, some small regions, others after towns..

Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Fulham
Liverpool
Portsmouth
Sunderland
Burnley
Millwall
Reading
Watford
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bournemouth
Brentford
Chesterfield
Gillingham
Walsall
Barnet
Bury
Darlington
Rochdale
Wrexham

I'm guessing not a lot of thought went into this before asking the question? There really are quite a lot there.

Player
Morrisey
I forgot about the wanderers bit! :lol:

Clearly you put alot of commitment into it NBDH. But I had better things to do like sleep at that time of night!

Sunderland Athletic I think!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Yeah 1.24am!!

Good man NBDH. Commited to the cause!! Or Commited to something :D :D

J

Johnny King is God

Afraid not mate - its Sunderland AFC - so I can see where it came from

J

Johnny King is God

No it says Sunderland Athletic Football Club i.e. Sunderland AFC

Its like AFC Bournemouth stands for Athletic Football Club Bournemouth.

You would describe them as Athletic Bournemouth would you?

Player
Morrisey
Well I was excluding the words Football and Club!

I was replying to Gray's question
Well I've just thought of Sunderland, or are they Sunderland something

The answer was Athletic! I am sure Gray knew the are a Football Club!

any way I guess we just got our wires crossed! :oops:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
AFC means, Atheltics and Football Club.

just a bit of useless info for you :)