• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

New sponsor deal

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Banana Army said:
Don't know how hard it is to implement or anything, but on other forums i view, there is a warning rating. Where by you have 12 points and once those points are up you are banned. e.g you get 6 points for being racist, 3 points for posting utter crap etc. and if you really want to clean the message board up have points for using text language and for creating too many topics. Like "Great Lorraine" is just exactly the same as this thread, but Matthew just wanted it to be him who started the contoversy

Yeah good idea ill have 11 points straight off lol :lol: I just gave me hnset opinion I dont feel that was childish its just that im proud im fro Birkenhead and when I go abroad people ask me where am I from I say 'Birkenhead which is on the Wirral' and I feel that Birkenhead is not Liverpool and Tranmere is Birkenhead ok its money. I'm sorry if I offend anyone but thats how I feel. I'm not posting any more on this matter if all you people feel soooo fucking strongly about it

Player
Morrisey
When I started this topic I had never guessed such contoversy would spring from it!

There are some people on this forum who's views I respect greatly and If they were to leave it would leave a gapeing hole in the forums. I must admitt that when I first joined the forum I hadn't realised quite how 'straight to business' it was but I think it is good! I am one of the 'kids' and I dont know whether I annoy people or not (please tell me) but if I do it is not out of malice. This forum is not mine and I have to respect that. Other people were on here before me and they have the right to put me right if I have offended them through my views, through the manner in which I have replied to someone or just through the way in which I write. I am very happy woth the way the site is run and I like the 'No noncence' policy which seems to be in place!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Super_white_army said:
I am one of the 'kids' and I dont know whether I annoy people or not (please tell me) but if I do it is not out of malice.

To be honest all you did was start what ended up being a very intersting thread. And I've just looked at all your replies and I couldn't find one thing offensive in any of them so you're ok by me mate. I don't think it's your fault things got out of hand. How were you to know you'd get such a massive response :D :D

J

Johnny King is God

If anyone's interested I am prepared to do a Mike Newell and name names as to who is lowering the appeal of our forums....

Player
Morrisey
No don't it could be bannana's next quiz question. :lol: 8) :lol:

Well you could if you wanted, but personally I wouldn't name and shame as this could cause a problem! I think that if there is a problem we should let a mod sort it out! But I am in no position to tell you what you can and can't do!!

S

Seanyb

I think the point everyone on Paul cooks side of the fence (which I am firmly on) is saying if you going to make a point, make it a valid one. Don't base it on a narrow minded opinion or from a false assumption.

I think you hate scousers cos the ones I've met I didn't like is probably the worst comment I've heard.

I said a childish comment in a reply because i felt like I was dealing with chidish opinions, for example:

S

Seanyb

Seanyb said:
Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
Liverpool is Liverpool and we are Wirral so I feel we are not part of the capital of culture sh*t thats Liverpool a complete different place and it shouldnt be on our tops

What a pile of crap you are talking about!!!!! Open your eyes to the world mate, there are other place away from the wirral. I personally love Liverpool and I spend a lot of my time there. Its just bollocks if you think the wirral is it.

You don't know what you are talking about. Its just sheer arrogance as if your an old man.

S

Seanyb

bolton_hater said:
Seanyb, second of all, we al know your a secret liverpool fan and I'm sorry if you dont like the fact alot of trfc fans hate your real team but is just the way it is.

And???

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Whats up with you man I said that i'm finshed on talking about this but no you just cant leave it. I never said that I hate scousers I juse said that Liverpool 08 not Wirral 08.

S

Seanyb

Birkenhead Born and Bred said:
Whats up with you man I said that i'm finshed on talking about this but no you just cant leave it. I never said that I hate scousers I juse said that Liverpool 08 not Wirral 08.

That brand new Lauries centre in Birkenhead, where do you think the money came from? I'll give you a clue, it's a sponser on out shirt, which is not the Wirral council.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Ok fair enough. Im not arsed any more mate to be honest im fed up of arguing with you people because I dont dislike anyone on this forum even though I know people dislike me but I said what I felt it there anyway and I know you have a different opinion to me but its on our top and going nowhere so im not bothered anymore

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I know a I agree BBaB, seanyb on here take things too seriosuly and too far, and you get moaned at of they dont agree with you.

S

Seanyb

Im not taking it too seriously, I'm making a valid point. If you don't want to be labelled as a bunch of kids, stop replying with childish replys, like were being picked on or pushed into a corner just because everyone have ridiculed your silly posts and you don't have a comeback for.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
well name what i said that was a silly point.

i understand that we are rivals and people wouldnt liek to have liverpool 08 on our shirts but I personally dont mind. hows that a silly point?

Player
Morrisey
Back on topic now!! :shock: :shock:

I think that the fact that we are involved with one of Europe's best cities is nothing but a privelige and a complement. This is not just local sponsorship or even national, but it is European! Are we sponsoring them in anyway? I just don't see how we will get recognition in programmes and such if we are not paying them any thing!

S

Seanyb

BH i was talking generally not just to you.

ANYWAY!!!

Yes good point SWA!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
ohhhh sorry :oops:

S

Seanyb

Thanks to the Tranmere Fan who has pledged some cash towards Marine FC's 'flag day' on April 29th - a great example of how both sides of the river can work together - I'm tempted to invest in a pair of TRFC shorts with the '08' logo on them ...if we ever get any decent weather!

We are aiming to raise enough money to provide the first 200 kids with a free Marine 3' x 2' flag - kids will be admitted free with a paying adult on the day.

We are pushing hard for promotion to the Conference North and our last match Vs. Ossett Town on the 29th could be vital.

Taken from this website. Thus proving that the liverpool 08 is attracting attention from Liverpool to tranmere (have it only to be one pair of shorts) :p