• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

mk v rovers

Player
aldo
with 7 players out and payne suspended . its mullin up top he needs to get his finger out of his arse and start doing somthing . who plays with him C.B.T or connor . we have to get some thing from this game . its gonna be my first away game in 15 years . i don.t realy do away games after a bad away day at Bradford City . when there horrible fans just wanted to batter us . im only there cus we are there visiting this weekend . hoping for a responce to the bollocking they got from sunderland game . one of the guys i work for is up with mp and np and he says a load of home truths have been said and they want a responce

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
MK Dons haven’t scored in their last 8 games. Must be some sort of club record.

You know what that means then!!

suspect it’ll be 5-3-2 with CJ up top with Mullin.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
suspect it’ll be 5-3-2 with CJ up top with Mullin.
Yes, that is the formation I would expect, assuming that Potter and Nelson are fit. Potter is apparently training again, albeit still suffering with soreness, while there was no mention of Sid when Mellon read out his lengthy injury list. However, there is no guarantee that both - or either - will start, and we are really short of alternatives. We really don't want to be playing a 442 again.

Despite MK's dire form, I put this match in the category of 'must not lose' rather than 'must win'. If we can come away with a point, we can at least avoid being cut adrift at the bottom.

With regard to AM's comments above, I doubt there were any 'home truths' spoken by Palios to Mellon this week. The chairman knows the difficult context we are operating in, and occasional thrashings away to the top sides are hardly unexpected at this level.

Prediction: I think we will get a result, with around 600 SWA in attendance.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
MM in pre-match comments suggesting if the Doncaster game had gone ahead, we'd have played with 9 of last seasons team. I'm hoping that the extra week has given Perkins the chance to get closer to match-fitness and that Blackett-Taylor might be back in contention. It sounds like it might be a week too soon for one or two of the other injured players.

I agree with RLC that this is a mustn't lose game, but not a ground we've historically had much success at since the franchise re-homed there.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
If it is Mullin up front i am ok with Connor in there supporting him. However if it was a choice between CBT or Hepburn-Murphy i would defo go with the latter as i he seems to be nearer the finished article.

Player
aldo
it was more to the players . mp loves mm . and who can blame him . hoping for a positive game from the boys . a hard 1-0 or 2-0 win

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I used to go to MK away for many years (including games at the National Hockey Stadium) and was looking forward to this one, but I'm not fit enough this time. This is the sort of match where we should pick up points. MK Dons are in worse form than us. It's important we frustrate them and don't concede early. Their fans are fickle and the stadium lacks atmosphere, so we need to be clinical. I would certainly start with 5-3-2 or 3-5-2. It's going to be a funny game between a team who can't score in the first hour and another who can't score at all. How about a 3-3 draw? ;)

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
With our limited options at the moment I'd happily take an away draw, irrespective of MK's recent dreadful form.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It is unlikely to be a game of goals think they will win it 1 0

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I used to go to MK away for many years (including games at the National Hockey Stadium) and was looking forward to this one, but I'm not fit enough this time. This is the sort of match where we should pick up points. MK Dons are in worse form than us. It's important we frustrate them and don't concede early. Their fans are fickle and the stadium lacks atmosphere, so we need to be clinical. I would certainly start with 5-3-2 or 3-5-2. It's going to be a funny game between a team who can't score in the first hour and another who can't score at all. How about a 3-3 draw? ;)
Hope you're on the mend soon BBTC. Suppose it used to be almost a local fixture for you. I'd be delighted with 3-3!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I've given up predicting how the game will go as I just think there is too much inconsistency about. Regardless of Dons' form, this will be naother tough workout and we don't make it easy for ourselves at times.

Player
aldo
no we don,t do easy .. thats the rovers way . bet ya we will be losing then get two again in last five mins . im not fussed how we do it easy or hard just get the points . but we do seem to struggle against poor teams

ADD

Player
Norwood
Having expected England to beat South Africa this morning fairly easily I am nervous predicting anything this afternoon. We need at least a point from the game IMO - a decent performance would be an added bonus!! I appreciate it is still only 1/4 of the season gone or so but if we get beaten given their terrible form then we are in real trouble...

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
Wilson, RHM and Nelson all start, Mullin and Ray drop to the bench. Not sure what the system will be.

ADD

Player
Norwood
strange team selection - Wilson starts I assume in back 5? Ray dropped for Nelson and Mullin dropped? RHM and Jennings up front???? Maddox on bench again..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hmm, quite defensive although not a bad thing as we are leaking goals. Hepburn Murphy up top with Jennings just behind maybe?!

lineup.png

Last edited:
Player
Manager
John King
I think Wilson will be right wing in a 4411, with Jennings behind RHM as Ian says.