• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Micky

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
This is all sounding very worrying.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
After the st Mirren rumours I’m far from convinced he’ll go. But I’d be gutted if he did. Not many managers will love the club like micky does. 3 trips to Wembley in 3 years will never be forgotten plus Spurs, Man Utd and Watford in the cup too.

as we’ll be looking to come straight back from L2 we would need experience - Paul Cook for me if he’s available. Wouldn’t go near Macca or Clarke as player managers. Or anyone like Jacko. The pressure would be on to come straight back up.
But I really hope it’s a load of rubbish. would be a big move for Micky who has been settled living around Blackpool for years. Plus the irony is that Dundee’s promotion is I think depending on hearts and Patrick’s Appeals against their relegations. If Dundee were in the SPL then Micky would likely be in charge of a struggling team whereas with us another promotion could be on the cards.

don’t go Micky. Grass isn’t always greener

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Did someone say Macca had left York? Where’s that come from?

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's been a long and horrible 16 weeks since that hopeful run of three away wins. Coronavirus, an EFL betrayal, 20 redundancies and now this. But let's wait and see if it happens.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Speaking of ex players as coaches, I’m just watching Clint Hill and Mangan on the Fleetwood coaching staff currently 1-3 down at home to Wycombe and down to 10 men.

Glad for Barton it’s going wrong.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Farcical really that Wycombe could be promoted from eighth position.....

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
My mate is a Dundee Utd fan says "Yes, have seen his name mentioned...Malky Mackay is being mentioned a lot, but don't know anyone who wants him...Tommy Wright is still being mentioned - dunno if he put in for the NI job and got rejected...Billy McKinlay mentioned...and also Jon Daly.
Think it's difficult to appoint a manager when the court case is ongoing...that's going to arbitration...but many folk here think it should go to Arabitration." Doesn't sound like a done deal by any means. Of course if arbitration court rules SPFL were out of order in relegating Hearts, then Dundee Utd might not even get promoted to the SPL. This seems highly unlikely though

drwhoman

My mate is a Dundee Utd fan says "Yes, have seen his name mentioned...Malky Mackay is being mentioned a lot, but don't know anyone who wants him...Tommy Wright is still being mentioned - dunno if he put in for the NI job and got rejected...Billy McKinlay mentioned...and also Jon Daly.
Think it's difficult to appoint a manager when the court case is ongoing...that's going to arbitration...but many folk here think it should go to Arabitration." Doesn't sound like a done deal by any means. Of course if arbitration court rules SPFL were out of order in relegating Hearts, then Dundee Utd might not even get promoted to the SPL. This seems highly unlikely though
If Hearts win their case then what do Mark and Nicola do?

Player
Manager
John King
An 'in the know' poster on another site is now stating it is a done deal.

What a terrible few weeks for the club.

• Wow
Reactions: Ian
Player
aldo
Sure is. now let,s say it's done is Jacko good enough if he gets it or is it time for Parkinson to step up he knows the kids and been doing it for a few years now just a thought. let us all hope it's not but I got a bad feeling.

ADD

Player
Norwood
Sure is. now let,s say it's done is Jacko good enough if he gets it or is it time for Parkinson to step up he knows the kids and been doing it for a few years now just a thought. let us all hope it's not but I got a bad feeling.
IMO no Jacko is untested and does not inspire. McGreal rumoured to have left Colchester... Challinor or Lowe would both be good choices... role for Big Steve who in last couple of days has again said he was disappointed that the discussed/ agreed coaching role disappeared and has supposedly left York?

Last edited:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
You may have not the mail on the head there.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree that Mike Jackson would be a gamble and his short spell at Shrewsbury wasn’t a success. Of the others ADD mentions McGreal seems to be based in the SE and hasn’t achieved much at Colchester, can see no reason why Lowe would leave Plymouth and we’d have to pay compensation to get Challinor from Pools.

Player
Manager
John King
I would not want somebody who has only ever worked as a number two to be given the role, but it is a bit harsh to say Jackson does not inspire as he has still been important to our success of the last four years, and was assistant to Mellon for all of his promotions.

McGreal has done pretty well at Colchester, getting to the play offs several times without a huge budget.

Whoever is appointed, their CV will not be as good as Mellon's unfortunately.

Player
Manager
John King
I think Challinor's record is fairly mediocre considering the money he has spent and of the names mentioned Ryan Lowe would be my preference, much as I don't particularly trust him as an individual. However, I can't really see him leaving Plymouth to come to us.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Challinor had a good start to his managerial career at Colwyn Bay and seems to have steadied things at Hartlepool, so don’t think he’s purely dependent on big financial backing as a manager. His Fylde team played decent football and it’s noteworthy that Jim Bentley who made a name for himself at Morecambe hadn’t been able to turn things around since moving there.

Agree Lowe is a good manager but has no reason to move to us and could you trust him to stick around if someone else comes in with an offer.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I agree that Mike Jackson would be a gamble and his short spell at Shrewsbury wasn’t a success. Of the others ADD mentions McGreal seems to be based in the SE and hasn’t achieved much at Colchester, can see no reason why Lowe would leave Plymouth and we’d have to pay compensation to get Challinor from Pools.
You may have the wrong name of the two pre loudly mentioned.

Player
Manager
John King
If it is Parkinson, it is an interesting appointment.

Last edited: