• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

FA . CUP . WATFORD

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
I wonder if a televised match against Watford’s second team will be enough to fill PP. I hope so, as it’s about time the Wirral public gave their team better support.
I look forward to the fourth round draw. At least Peterborough are out. ;)
It’s interesting how fickle even the fans on this forum are. Those who slated Micky before the match are now quiet. To be fair, most of us changed our view of Micky and the team at least once during Saturday’s game.
While we may not fill the ground, I would imagine that would be predominantly down to a lack of bodies in the cowshed end - midweek, long journey, weakened team etc.

I actually think the support given to TRFC by the public (both Wirral and not) has been excellent. Our attendances increased as we dropped out of the EFL and have continued to do so year on year. I remember that period in the 80s when you wondered if the attendance would click over the 1k mark - I think it always did but often wondered if the numbers were being "massaged"! We have come a long way from then! Our away support in regards to the size of the club is up with the best and is not only credit to the Wirral public but to the large number of exiles who have stood by their club. I guess that we will always hope for better support but a league average of 7k is reasonable at this level, especially taking into account the fact that we are 3rd from bottom and have 2 leviathons on our doorstep (one of which can claim to be the best team in the world!).

I must admit I hadn't noticed any particular fickleness here - you should browse some of the other sites!

Really looking forward to the replay and absolutely kicking myself for not making the trip on Saturday!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I agree with ONIGP that our support is good both in terms of numbers and passion given the tribulations of recent years and the fierce competition we face locally. There are a vocal minority of supporters who are never satisfied, even after the incredible success of the last three years, but hearing a packed away end chanting MM's name at the final whistle on Saturday made it clear that the vast majority are behind both him and the chairman.

Player
Manager
John King
In terms of the hours that are given up voluntarily by many of our supporters to help the club, all of which is essential given our limited funds, our complacent red and blue brethren can't hold a candle to us.

ADD

Player
Norwood
tickets go on sale on wed . why the wait get pp filled to the rafters lets give em a proper welcome
My understanding is it still is not confirmed whether Tuesday or Wednesday (I guess waiting for the TV decision)?

ONIGP

Player
Eddie Bishop
My understanding is it still is not confirmed whether Tuesday or Wednesday (I guess waiting for the TV decision)?
I expect that they are awaiting the result of tonight's match before the TV decision is made.

Player
Norwood
Does MCullough go straight to the bench, or even first tram for the replay then? I believe he has just signed what sounds like a pay as you play deal...(sorry, slightly off topic)

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Very much so. Possible that the Watford game will be on TV and the next round too if we win, whether it’s wolves or United

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great draw.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ifs buts and maybes. Let's get a result in Essex at the weekend, try and eliminate Watford in the replay and then's the time to think about who we might play.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Ifs buts and maybes. Let's get a result in Essex at the weekend, try and eliminate Watford in the replay and then's the time to think about who we might play.
Southend is a huge game, one which we really need to win

Player
Manager
John King
As Arsenal beat Leeds tonight, our replay is almost certain to be televised, probably next Wednesday. I agree with Mart that the Southend game is by far the most important of the season to date, but it is still good to dream about the cup.

Player
aldo
with some extra comp for places in the team now lets hope mm uses it to his advantage if you play well you stay in if not you don,t get in

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
The Palioli certainly have some luck when they spin that lottery wheel!
Yes, but they didn’t have a lot of luck in the first couple of years they owned the club. They’re certainly due the change of fortune of the last two or three years after all the hard work, faith and above all cash they have put into our club.

Player
Manager
John King
Mellon has to take a lot of credit for pushing us deeper into cup competitions, which obviously makes lucrative draws far more likely.