• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Euro 2020

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I liked the Austrian spirit, they never gave up. Good game. Italy don't look anything special.

Player
aldo
it is refreshing to see an attack-minded team, compared to our own team who are slow in the build-up and just plain boring,

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
it is refreshing to see an attack-minded team, compared to our own team who are slow in the build-up and just plain boring,
Yet, we have the strongest defensive record in the competition and it was the best defence that won in 2016 and 2018. I don't think we have got the players to go all out attack against teams like France and Belgium.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yes agreed but I wonder how our defence will fair against the better teams? We will soon find out.

Player
Manager
John King
Yes agreed but I wonder how our defence will fair against the better teams? We will soon find out.
I don't think our back four is that great defensively, which is why Southgate plays two defensive midfielders and gets criticised for being 'negative'. I think he believes we need to play that way to give ourselves a chance against the better sides.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Well the Netherlands are out, not played well but the Czechs have looked good.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
You have to fancy the winner of the England - Germany game to reach the final now.
Really? England have been hard to beat, so may get there if they survive the Germans. However, Germany, despite their jinx over us haven’t looked that impressive.

Player
Manager
John King
Really? England have been hard to beat, so may get there if they survive the Germans. However, Germany, despite their jinx over us haven’t looked that impressive.
Yes. England have already beaten the Czech Republic, Sweden and Ukraine are average and Denmark, while having a decent tournament, are hardly a footballing powerhouse.

Germany still have very experienced, world class players, which the others don't. Germany would be favourites to beat any of those sides.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yes. England have already beaten the Czech Republic, Sweden and Ukraine are average and Denmark, while having a decent tournament, are hardly a footballing powerhouse.

Germany still have very experienced, world class players, which the others don't.
We’ll have to differ on Germany, as on what they’ve shown so far don’t look like finalists.

Player
Manager
John King
We’ll have to differ on Germany, as on what they’ve shown so far don’t look like finalists.
Neither do most of the others but the draw is lop-sided. Most of the quality is in the top half.

Player
Manager
John King
I thought Portugal were the better side tonight but did not take their chances. Belgium offered little but one moment of quality, and dodgy keeping, was enough.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Game of the tournament sees Spain lead 4 3 in extra time

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
France had been awful but 5 minutes has turned it around