• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Dons (1) v Rovers (0)

Match result

• MK Dons

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dons (1) v Rovers (0)
Posted by Ian
Stadium MK
Saturday, August 12, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 12, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I mean we voted against a win on Tues night and look how that ended. I voted for a draw today but Rovers do like to surprise us. Come on Rovers!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Saunders starts as does mcalear. Turnbull and hawkes back in. Dawes clearly rotating things perhaps with Tuesday in mind

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think he's going to spend the whole season rotating. Taylor must be a bit disappointed not to start but there is plenty of opportunities for him. Not a bad team, get stuck into them lads!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It is good we can change the attacking players for freshness, I’d still prefer Dennis in the team for his goals but we’re away from home and Saunders and hawkes will do a lot off the ball

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Not a bad team. Rather than waste Kristian on the wing, I think he will replace Luke after 60 minutes. It’s probably wise not to keep Sam in the team, as it keeps him keen and fresh without putting pressure on his young shoulders.

Reactions: Ian

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Lot of stick on Twitter re Lewis selection. In terms of doing a job in defensive midfield, I think he'd be OK. Not sure Dawsey has too many alternatives....especially with Walker not ready yet.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Lot of stick on Twitter re Lewis selection. In terms of doing a job in defensive midfield, I think he'd be OK. Not sure Dawsey has too many alternatives....especially with Walker not ready yet.
Agree. The only other defensive midfield options bar Walker are perhaps OConnor or merrie but Lewis does give us a threat from set pieces and has more experience than those two

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I don’t get McAlear ahead of O’Connor at right-back. Given how off the pace Walker was re Barrow, not sure he should be anywhere near the bench until he’s got fitter. Lewis, while I have my doubts has done enough to keep his place if Dawes’ isn’t rotating midfield.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
1-0. Headed into the corner from a free kick. Pretty standard drill.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Great effort from Morris from about 20 yards out. Good save by the keeper.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We are looking a little bit vunerable on set pieces.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Also struggling with the pace of Leko and Eisa. Apart from the Morris attempt, we've done nothing for 30 mins. Davies gets a yellow.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Dons are pressing us when we have the ball and we are too slow in possession. Need to step things up here.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Bit of action the other end, Saunders is put through but he misses and was also offside..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Attempt from Saunders, well over the bar.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Dons are pressing us when we have the ball and we are too slow in possession. Need to step things up here.
Agree. Hendry tbf was playing some one touch stuff early on, but now reverting to type.
Lewis tidying up well at time, but couple of dodgy passes when in more advanced territory.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Not a great half from Rovers although the last 5/10 mins have been marginally better. We need more movement and better passing second half. Saunders has had a decent half with some good running and movement. Norris not in it at all. Midfield too lightweight.

We could get back into this game as Dons have not done a great deal since their goal either but we need much more seocnd half.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
How is McAlear doing at right-back Ian? The MK goal came from the right side of the park though commentary suggesting a few switched off.