• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Dons (1) v Rovers (0)

Match result

• MK Dons

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dons (1) v Rovers (0)
Posted by Ian
Stadium MK
Saturday, August 12, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, August 12, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I think O'Connor is the best defensive midfielder we have, albeit his form dipped last season. I think Walker is more of a deep lying playmaker and is not as good at the destructive work off the ball.

I thought Lewis was atrocious in the first half yesterday. He seems to be one of Dawes' favourites but he surely won't be a guaranteed starter from now on.

Reactions: Ian

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
I think O'Connor is the best defensive midfielder we have, albeit his form dipped last season. I think Walker is more of a deep lying playmaker and is not as good at the destructive work off the ball.

I thought Lewis was atrocious in the first half yesterday. He seems to be one of Dawes' favourites but he surely won't be a guaranteed starter from now on.
I agree re LOC. I even advocated him for that role before he ever played it when there were concerns if Spearing was unavailable.
Yep good point re Walker. And Lewis ain't gonna spread passes about from that role. I'm in the minority, but I did see him getting about the pitch and disrupting their play. Albeit we can do better than Lewis.
Seems we need to find a RB to free LOC, Play without a DM and press higher up as per 2nd half, or go 3 at the back and free LOC to do DM that way.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
LOC was excellent when he came on and if he played with that intensity every game, he's be a real asset. Judging from the comments made after the game, he has had problems with consistency.