• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Colchester (2) v Rovers (0)

Match result

• Colchester

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Colchester (2) v Rovers (0)
Posted by Ian
Jobserve Stadium
Saturday, September 9, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 9, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Goodison
A very sad state of affairs, sounds like same old same old again. The team looks completely disinterested.

Really fear for this season, Boreham Wood was one of the best days of my life (despite watching it remotely on an iPad with dodgy Wi-Fi). If we don’t get our act together, that heroic day will go to waste.

Tranmere have only ever had success, or anything approaching success with managers with some experience. I’m not sure who I’d go for, Challinor is the dream appointment but can’t see it happening.

Main thing for me is not a rookie/novice/unproven. If they’re good, another club will poach them and if they aren’t, Tranmere pays the price. At the very least some previous football league experience is needed.

Player
Goodison
I think we also need a complete clear out of the coaching staff. Any prospective manager has to be able to bring in his own people, or we are limiting our options before the recruitment process has even started.

No more half measures and sticking plaster solutions.
100% clear the decks and get some fresh eyes in.

Given Palios’ background in turnaround I’m surprised this hasn’t already happened.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Thats because he wants the cheap fix we are foooked being good Ian lol but if this baffoon is still in place monday morning i wont be going again this season to watch dodo again being good come on mark get a fkn grip this is the poorest rovers start for a long time and Dennis must be wondering what he has done coming to Tranmere and i would do the same poor manager poorly run club over the last few years you just wonder if mark and nicky just want out. I love what they have done for the club but have they gone as far as they can

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think we also need a complete clear out of the coaching staff. Any prospective manager has to be able to bring in his own people, or we are limiting our options before the recruitment process has even started.

That should be the case but unfortunately won't be.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Another obvious defeat, I really hope Dawes goes this weekend as its obvious he's not upto the job and the longer he stays the more likely we are to ve relegated
Yes, and the longer this drags on, the more difficult it becomes for the next man in charge. Action has to be taken now!

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, and the longer this drags on, the more difficult it becomes for the next man in charge. Action has to be taken now!
I think Dawes is done. The announcement will come tomorrow, just due to the logistics of the players and coaching staff travelling back tonight.

I remember that Gary Brabin received a phone call from Palios on the coach on his way back from Sutton. He was told to attend a meeting on the Sunday and was fired the following day.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
That should be the case but unfortunately won't be.
He could just get rid of Dawes and have the remaining crew take over for the rest of the season. Danns in charge with Parky next to him, Adkins doing whatever the hell he does in the stands. If that happens, I think we have learnt nothing but that would not surprise me.

drwhoman

I have found a good quote from Oliver Cromwell which fits well. "You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go".
Indeed! I think Leo Amery used the quote on Neville Chamberlain in 1940!

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
What does nigel Adkins do he was supposed to mentor Daws so he should be fkn sacked to useless and wast of money

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Apparently in our last 3 games there have been 69 shots on our goal. Must be some sort of record surely

Player
Goodison
Apparently in our last 3 games there have been 69 shots on our goal. Must be some sort of record surely
McGhee has to be in top 3 keepers in the country if that’s true, may as well give him the player of the season award now.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.

the last time that happened was after Gary Brabin was sacked, as Mickey Mellon brought Jacko, Hodgy, Ian Liversage and his own tactics coach!
also the backroom staff of youth and academy, we're still there then!
Only Parky and Alan Morgan, have survived since pre palios!
The heart and soul of the club has been transformed, with the palios plan!
And it's clearly having a detrimental effect on our future!

Player
Aldo
Another battering and only McGee kept the scoreline respectable.

It made me smile that Dawes at last decided to go with two strikers, yet could not resist playing Morris out of position as a left wing back. Lo and behold, within three minutes Colchester had easily got in down our left hand side and should have scored.

We were utterly inept tactically. Too much space in the wide areas, absolutely no protection for the defence from the midfield and no pressure on the ball in any area of the pitch. I lost count of the number of times Colchester cut through us with a couple of passes or a simple long ball.

The stats are horrendous. Twenty seven shots to ten, twelve efforts on target to four. Eight clear cut chances conceded. And against a team that was in twenty second position at three o'clock.

We are now being cut adrift and Dawes will surely be removed this weekend. Our Football League status is at stake.
And how many of our ten shots actually threatened their goal. The stats probably flatter Tranmere today, it was truelly woeful

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
I have been told that Adkins does not want to manage the club he just wants to be closer to his family that live on the wirral

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Listening to Daws interview yea he knows the end has come let's just get the Message from the club and see what other lunatic palios comes up with or if he wants an even cheaper option give all the fans a raffle ticket draw it at half time winner takes all

Status
Not open for further replies.