• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

And the new manager is..

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
When you replace you have the added cost of severance payouts. It doesn't take a genius to work out that Palios's most recent gamble failed. He got extra investment in, signed Hemmings to have a promotion attempt last season. Spending this Xmas was aimed at having a run at the play offs, results went down hill.
I think we can safely conclude the financial state is poorer than 18 months ago and those chips he claimed to have held onto will now be sold if possible.
Mellon was at the end of a two year contract, so the payout would not have been significant. Presumably Dawes and Parkinson were on similar, relatively short term contracts.

No, the finances are not good at present. However, many League Two clubs struggle financially but still manage to replace managers and assistants when they sack them (which happens frequently).

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
A small crumb of comfort is that Davies must surely have had offers after our defensive record over the last two seasons. He’s not getting any younger so the fact that he admits 11th place isn’t good enough and that he’s had assurances about the plans for next season, hopefully means we won’t be shopping in the discount stores

Or maybe I’m deluded

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A small crumb of comfort is that Davies must surely have had offers after our defensive record over the last two seasons. He’s not getting any younger so the fact that he admits 11th place isn’t good enough and that he’s had assurances about the plans for next season, hopefully means we won’t be shopping in the discount stores

Or maybe I’m deluded
We can hope that actions speak louder than words

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh, well that's a new one. I have no idea what to expect next season. Buckle up chaps!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
What odds on him replacing Dawes in October ? :)

In all seriousness, at least it is an outside influence and something fresh.
Yes that’s right. He’s had some success with Macclesfield albeit a lot lower down but as you say a fresh voice

Player
Manager
John King
I would actually have preferred Danns as manager. He arguably has better credentials than Dawes and I find him more likeable.

Still, it is a positive step.

Player
Ian Goodison
I would actually have preferred Danns as manager. He arguably has better credentials than Dawes and I find him more likeable.

Still, it is a positive step.
I thought the same i would have preferred Danns with Dawes as Assistant.. Danns would be more of a pull to potential new players having played at a high level (Premier league).

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I would have preferred Danns myself, and is my type of footballer, great engine, full of enthusiasm and a great attitude, also, as been said, a very approachable guy!

Is Danns being lined up, when it goes pear shaped, as many are predicting?

Could David Jones be asked again to be football director? It was mooted a few years back, just wondering?

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Like most I find the manager appointment rather uninspiring to say the least. However we did really need a complete reset and believe bringing in a higher profile manager would be set up for failure without being able to start afresh with the coaching staff. Agree with many that we have struggled to create open play scoring opportunities for three seasons now, so all support staff have fallen short, but can only hope and support the the new manager and his assistant.
Do wonder how loyal Dawes was to MM but guess we will never know that one.
Very unsure if our club in L2 with only first team and small squad really need a Technical Director, a potential for conflict between those of equal status unless MP envisages himself as a CEO type role general managing the operation . I do think Mark should have a long hard look in the mirror when shaving and honestly consider if the ring fences of responsibility are correct and if he allows managers to manage within boundaries sufficiently, as I do wonder if MM was entirely culpable for our slide backwards.
Having spent some time reviewing several years accounts it is clear with loans being called in and new activities not being major positive income streams and the core activities a long way from sustainable, the financial climate is currently challenging.
Looking at the bright side delighted Tom Davies has resigned and let’s just hope and prey we unearth some gems with Neil Danns extensive network, after a hard prune of the squad. As a show of support we will now buy seasons tickets in the JK although be lucky to get up to PP more than just once or twice next year, just to support in tough times.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I would have preferred Danns myself, and is my type of footballer, great engine, full of enthusiasm and a great attitude, also, as been said, a very approachable guy!

Is Danns being lined up, when it goes pear shaped, as many are predicting?

Could David Jones be asked again to be football director? It was mooted a few years back, just wondering?
Dave Jones ex Stockport? He’s not been in the game for years but is another scouser!!!

Apart from taking Hartlepool down during a short spell in 2017 he’s not been in management for a decade.

Player
Manager
John King
I do think Mark should have a long hard look in the mirror when shaving and honestly consider if the ring fences of responsibility are correct and if he allows managers to manage within boundaries sufficiently, as I do wonder if MM was entirely culpable for our slide backwards.
I completely agree.

drwhoman

Maybe Danns will sign his son on loan? (LOL!). A big kid who scores goals for the Liverpool Academy teams! Seriously, I am sure the ground situation is impacting finances and the move to Bidston, or has that idea been parked? I have not been to Prenton for around five years but I recall comment that the Main Stand was in poor shape?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Maybe Danns will sign his son on loan? (LOL!). A big kid who scores goals for the Liverpool Academy teams! Seriously, I am sure the ground situation is impacting finances and the move to Bidston, or has that idea been parked? I have not been to Prenton for around five years but I recall comment that the Main Stand was in poor shape?
The feasibility study for the new ground has not really got off the ground

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Danns joining is encouraging. Wonder how much, if any, input Dawes had in his recruitment.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Ironically Mark Duffy has taken over the reins at Macclesfield