• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

and so it begins..

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I'm not sure I'd be quick to welcome him back after the way he left and the things he said. Having said that, I'm sure he'd still be banging them in in our league.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm putting a tenner on Norwood.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Suggested on another forum that Koumas will retire and Laird/Hill/Holmes will all move on, along with Max Power. No idea about the accuracy, but I'd have thought we'd have heard something about Jason's future by now.

Meanwhile, Wrexham, having signed Cameron Bellfield, a very decent keeper for this level as no 1 have let Andy Coughlin go to Southport. Did wonder if it would have been worth us trying to get him back, but hope that Brabin has an eye on someone better as an experienced keeper is a priority.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Interesting read there about Norwood and his chances of scoring for England in future years. My neighbour has been a 4th Official in the National League for a few years now and he thinks we've got a great player if he's on his game. He rates him as the best player in the league on his day by a country mile and believes he could easily play in the Championship. .....but says he's a bit of a Diva and is easily wound up by defenders. Let's hope he finds his feet with us.

On a another note, is there any player you would love the club to sign??

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Grimsby have signed the highly rated Omar Bogle from Solihull, a player a number of league clubs were after. A great signing for the Mariners who will be tough to beat next season.

M

Mal

I see with our season ticket sales we can afford the likes of Sterling for three weeks now. Says a lot about the overpaid prima donnas that are Premiership players. In some cases the clubs are effectively paying between £500,000to £5m per goal! A little less for each mouthful of televised spit.....

I am now looking forward to a season of entertainment with a few goals to watch in the National.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Laird has signed a 1 yr deal with Yeovil. I would have liked to have kept him but can't blame him really as Yeovil will be hoping to be one of the L2 promotion hopefuls.
Interesting to see George Green has joined L1 Oldham too.

Alan Rogers & Dave Timmins have left the club. Unfortunate for them but you can understand Brabin wanting his own people and removing people who (not by their own faults), have been part of the last disastrous couple of seasons (altho can't remember when AR joined us exactly). Wish them well. Surely replacements have been earmarked? Or is Koumas lined up to help with the coaching??

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I thought Laird was OK. Effort couldn't be faulted even if his shooting was a bit suspect. Certainly a lot better than some of the dross we saw in a white shirt.

We'll be interesting to see how the midfield packs out next season.

Player
Manager
John King
Laird was one of our best two or three players last season and I hoped he would stay. Certainly he had the kind of attitude we will need next season. However, with the midfielders we have brought in, we are looking reasonably strong in that area and might be better off using the money from his wages elsewhere.

Good luck to him at Yeovil.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Laird gave his all but really didn't do much only scored once did create much was too slow and not very strong in the tackle, good luck to him but for me he wont be missed much

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Matt Hill has signed a new 6 month deal. Adds good experience and hopefully can stay injury free. If he can I reckon he could do well at this level with his physical presence.

Hopefully we'll hear now about Koumas and Max (although I'm assuming the latter is leaving).

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Yes agree really pleased that we have managed to agree a deal with Matt Hill. Only seen him play a couple of times but thought he read the game very well, has time and composure which is a sign of a good player.

A six month contract seems sensible to see if he can stay reasonably injury free as we can't afford a rarely available player. His experience will be a great asset for sure as he seems to influence others.

I have been out of circulation recently: can anybody tell me what is the position with Ihiekwe? Wasn't on the release end of season group but don't see him mentioned as still with us. Also any news on Holness in terms of recovery from injury, although we do seem to have a number of central defensive options now?

Although would have preferred to keep Marc Laird wish him every success at Yeovil.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Good news Hill has signed hopefully he can prove his fitness and will get a longer deal

Player
Manager
John King
Along with Koumas, Hill was the best of the out of contract players and I am glad he has signed. As has been commented above, hopefully he will stay injury free now.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I have been out of circulation recently: can anybody tell me what is the position with Ihiekwe? Wasn't on the release end of season group but don't see him mentioned as still with us. Also any news on Holness in terms of recovery from injury, although we do seem to have a number of central defensive options now?

Ihiekwe was on a 2-year deal, so still here. He showed some potential as a central defender, but totally lost at right-back.
No updates on Holness, but as November was talked about as when he'd be likely to return, one on the back-burner for now.

I'd go along with the view that his signing on is good news. 6 months initially makes sense, both to see how well he has recovered and whether he can adapt to the differing demands of conference football.

While agreeing with RLC that Hill and Koumas were the best in terms of most talented out of contract players, Power and Holmes were the best in terms of last seasons performances. While it's almost inevitable Max will move on, does the fact a deal hasn't been struck suggest Danny will be following him out of the door?

frenchrover

Player
aldo
See Danny Holmes has signed for Newport County after apparently turning down an offer from Rovers, sorry to see the lad go as he was one of the few who played with his heart on his sleeve. Good Luck Dan.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yes disappointing to see Danny leave. One of our best performers last season IMO.

Can't blame him really given a league club wants him. Wish him well and good luck. Maybe we'll see him again in a white shirt at some point.

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
Really disappointed that he is leaving. However whilst I would have thought he might have done better than a distant move to South Wales for L2 Newport good luck to him!

Very honest lad being certainly my player of the season and during the dire final games at the end of the Edwards reign, one of the very few not to let his head drop. Always upbeat and very committed, so big thank you to Danny for all that he has done for Rovers.