• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Very O/T - Everton

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Confirmed on BBC website.

In retrospect, he was never a good fit. A top class player and an intelligent man, he is used to successful not struggling environments. He was dealt a poor hand, but he didn't make the best of it.
Laughing all the way to the bank too !

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Bizzarely Everton still haven't officially confirmed Lampard been sacked.
Took them till after 8pm to confirm he'd been sacked

Last edited:

frenchrover

Player
aldo
"Took them till after 8pm to confirm he'd been sacked".......Yes, Boz, and it just goes to show what contempt the Everton board have for their fanbase.

Colin K

Player
Ryan Taylor
I heard they'd been trying to reach Lampard all day but he was screening their calls so instead they sent him a whatsapp message with a gif of Lord Alan Sugar doing the famous finger point. I might have also just made that up...

drwhoman

If Bielsa takes the job I would assume that he has added a caveat that he does not get the sack if they go down. I cannot see him keeping Everton up. However, he might do a good job in the Championship next season as he did with Leeds. Personally, I would nnot touch it with a barge pole. Not only in relation to the team situation but the financial issues surrounding Fair Play and the construction of the new stadium. Does Moshiri have the money for the latter without his Russian mates? On a different tack.. Duncan Ferguson Manager at FGR. That will be interesting! Their team will not lack commitment for the rest of the season whatever happens!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Sean Dyche it is going to be, best appointment they could make

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Dyche hasn't immediate impact as fhey vest Arsenal 1 0, he knows how to organise a side and will keep them.up sadly

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Dyche hasn't immediate impact as fhey vest Arsenal 1 0, he knows how to organise a side and will keep them.up sadly
I don't think it is that clear cut. They still lack quality.

Ironically, Liverpool's capitulation at Wolves sees Everton back in the relegation zone.

Player
Manager
John King
I think the current bottom two and Leeds are the favourites to go down at this point.

Leeds lost again today and I don't rate Marsch as a manager. Still a long way to go though.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Think Everton will escape again. Unsure about Leeds. There's usually one team who'll slide down the table and put themselves at risk, though unclear who that might be.

drwhoman

Dyche will have them well organised against Liverpool next week. The approach will be very physical against a Liverpool team that is physically and mentally down. Leaden is a good description of their recent performances not helped by their strikers inability to put the ball in the net! Everton beat Arsenal largely because the Toffees midfield ran themselves into the ground and they will do the same next Monday night! Klopp has a big motivational job. Either way the Anfield club need a big clear out in the summer. Too many players physically and mentally done. Have their medals and enough money not to work again. Younger hungrier players are needed.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Dyche will have them well organised against Liverpool next week. The approach will be very physical against a Liverpool team that is physically and mentally down. Leaden is a good description of their recent performances not helped by their strikers inability to put the ball in the net! Everton beat Arsenal largely because the Toffees midfield ran themselves into the ground and they will do the same next Monday night! Klopp has a big motivational job. Either way the Anfield club need a big clear out in the summer. Too many players physically and mentally done. Have their medals and enough money not to work again. Younger hungrier players are needed.

Player
Manager
John King
Marsch sacked by Leeds. If they appoint somebody decent that could spell trouble for Everton, as I think Leeds have a more talented squad.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
On current form, you wonder if Liverpool may actually be overtaken by Everton before the end of the season. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Boz
Player
Manager
John King
In the bottom three, down to ten men and losing to Spurs.

Man United away next.

Player
Manager
John King
Spurs are dreadful at the moment, so I expected Everton to get something.

They will lose at United and beat Fulham. They probably will stay up, but I think it will go to the final couple of games.