• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 0-2 Huddersfield

Ah wait and see.....

Marginally superior to Shocker Shuker- Moore plays for himself and lets the team down. Playing 4 4 2 and sticking with Curran and Gornell is the answer.

The future is in playing the younger ones and not a chap whose main interest is in leaving by all accounts.

Good management contains an element of spotting the weakest link and replacing it asap. Now that Shuker is out [and my havent results picked up] we need to move to the next one, in my opinion thats Moore.

And onwards and upwards we go

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
If you look at all results this season, there's little difference between those in which Shuker plays or doesn't. So hardly an albatross, but why let the facts get in the way of another dose of Bootle bile??! Gornell's ill with mumps, so doubtless you're suggesting recalling Josh McAuley from Vauxhall...anything to keep our top scorer out of the team.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
You cannot leave out the club's top scorer, it's nonsense. No matter what off-field problems/rumours are surfacing, you are just asking for trouble. The club are struggling to stay in the division and you want to replace your top goalscorer?! :-s

Moore
Games (total): 37 games
Goals: 9

and the others
Curran
Games (total): 37 games
Goals: 5

Gornell
Games (total): 29 games
Goals: 3

And that also leads to the conclusion that our regular strikers are just rubbish. Moore's record isn't great but compared to the other two, it's like having Rooney in our squad.

Gornell has a strike ratio of roughly 1 goal every 10 games. Wow... #-o

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
The future is in playing the younger ones and not a chap whose main interest is in leaving by all accounts.

I'm younger than ITM and, were I to play for the club, I would certainly have no aspirations of leaving. Does that mean I should be signed up and played ahead of our top scorer? Concerning player selection, ability is the most important thing as far as I'm concerned.

Dont let your opinion get in the way of change

Sonko, you make something up yourself, attribute it selectively to someone else and then comment on your assumption as though you are the oracle.

Can you not see that the improved results are the outcome of changes made?
All I am hoping for is for further improvement/change. Yes it is asking alot to leave out Moore, but I believe his style of play is a problem - not a solution, despite his goal tally. Overall hes not proving a success and as far as I am concerned hes had his chance, he is now in the way of younger talent coming through.
But its only an opinion.

And if and when Moore goes out of the team we should move to replace the next weakest link - Coombes.

Boz - are you Shukers best/only mate, hes been getting paid under false pretences for ages now. I am convinced he'll be on his way at the seasons end.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
BootleRover you are guilty of precisely that which you accuse SonkORLY? of. So hell-bent on directing venom at Shuker etc, that you're blind to what's actually being said. Sad really. I reiterate my previous point below. Even someone with the IQ of an amoeba would grasp it hardly amounts to a ringing endorsement of the player.#-o#-o#-o#-o#-o#-o

If you look at all results this season, there's little difference between those in which Shuker plays or doesn't.

Player
Goodison
One think I can't get my head round Bootle is why you would drop ITM ahead of Curran who has been awful this season. Yes Curran is closer to the age of 18 then say, Osama Bin Laden, but in our predicament it's not the time to start selecting players based their age it should be based on their ability (Which would place ITM ahead of both Curran and Gornell).

Still seeing scope for change

Understand some peoples reluctance to trying a change.
Perfomances are better without Shuker, no need to labour the point.
I write from my own perspective based on what I see on the pitch and I consistently see Moore screwing up the play for the team.
Will admit that neither Gornell or Curran are delivering but in my opinion, and its only an opinion, I think Moore is more a hindrence overall than a help.
I understand the bald stats dont show that but I think the team playing 4 4 2 without Moore could play better.
It may not happen of course but I'd like to see it tried. Wheres the harm in that chaps, and, while we're at it I'd start Barnett every time too, on the right side of midfield. He'd strike up a good partnership with whichever of our very good right backs plays - I'll leave that one for Les.

Player
Goodison
Understand some peoples reluctance to trying a change.

I'm not reluctant to change, I just think changing the side by removing the top scorer will be counter productive. I don't rate ITM that highly but he's capable of getting at least 10 goals a season which can't be said of Curran or Gornell at the moment.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Sonko, you make something up yourself, attribute it selectively to someone else and then comment on your assumption as though you are the oracle.

Can you not see that the improved results are the outcome of changes made?

I've not made anything up. You seemed to suggest dropping ITM because of his age and alleged disloyalty (lol?), while I said that the most imprortant thing is someones ability and any other consideration is secondary.

The improved results under has have been a result of changes, and we're playing pretty well at the moment, so it would seem logical to keep things how they are for the most part. Boz makes a good point re: Shuker - I think we'd all rather see Barnett but there are players in our squad who have continually played worse than Shukes this season and yet seem to start most games when fit.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
MCLAREN!!! Though being fair he has been our best midfielder in the last two games. Prior to that, why he consistently got picked ahead of Barnett despite his minimal contributions was a mystery.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
because he's more "loyal to the club" probably

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I was being sarcastic. Have to laugh when loyalty is deemed more important than ability.

Barnett > > > > Mclaren

It's not close.

Player
Goodison
I assume you're been sarcastic about ability too because there is not much between them on that front either.

Moore out

Loyalty be blowed....Moore out because he holds back the team.
And he can wind down his career somewhere else.

Barnett in because he is a better player.
If he comes good we get the benefits on the pitch and possibly in the transfer market

One represents the past, the other the future - surely you can work that out

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Well BootleRover, where do you stand on McLaren. Despite being both lazy and in footballing terms old, can't recall you having said a bad word against him.

On McLaren

I dont think hes lazy, just slow. Older yes but he does try and that puts him ahead of those that dont.