• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 0-2 Huddersfield

A little understanding

Sorry Boz if you think it puzzling but I'll make it a bit simpler, I keep forgetting how far ahead we are here on planet Bootle.
The overall performances of the team so far this season has put us in a precarious position. To continue with the same failure is futile. To have a chance of survival we have to change and hope that will have an impact.
Perhaps the changes I suggest are different than others may suggest, we all would love to pick the team but the only one that matters is Les Parry of course.
I just want him to be brave and try something different, if it fails then so be it but we must surely try, going down fighting rather than tamely in freefall would auger better for next season.
And I'm still more optomistic now than earlier in the season. I do worry about the March fixtures though.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Sorry Boz if you think it puzzling but I'll make it a bit simpler, I keep forgetting how far ahead we are here on planet Bootle.
The overall performances of the team so far this season has put us in a precarious position. To continue with the same failure is futile. To have a chance of survival we have to change and hope that will have an impact.
Perhaps the changes I suggest are different than others may suggest, we all would love to pick the team but the only one that matters is Les Parry of course.
I just want him to be brave and try something different, if it fails then so be it but we must surely try, going down fighting rather than tamely in freefall would auger better for next season.
And I'm still more optomistic now than earlier in the season. I do worry about the March fixtures though.

If we'd kept up the form we've been in since Les took over, we wouldn't be in the kinda trouble we are. Agree that Barnett and Mccready should start. Your continued assault on Shuker who isn't even currently in the team is bewildering. Was he rattling your missus or something?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Just watched the replay of the first goal that the referee awarded to Udders...

NO WAY IN A MILLION YEARS WAS THAT A GOAL.

Daniels tipped first shot onto the top/front of the bar, Edds headed rebound clear from about 2 yards out, and was fouled in the process, then Daniels saved the final shot in. Never, NEVER was that a goal.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Just watched the replay of the first goal that the referee awarded to Udders...

NO WAY IN A MILLION YEARS WAS THAT A GOAL.

Daniels tipped first shot onto the top/front of the bar, Edds headed rebound clear from about 2 yards out, and was fouled in the process, then Daniels saved the final shot in. Never, NEVER was that a goal.

Just put it on the bbc website, I didn't think it was a goal at the time and having played and paused and watched it over and over, it never crossed the line. Yes, Daniels fell into the goal but after he had made the save.

"We only get **** refs!"

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
BootleRover, you'd be an even worse manager than Barnes if your masterplan is to drop our leading scorer. Most people I've met from Bootle are smarter than that. Would be interested in the answer to SonkORLY?s question though:-D

With reference to NBDH and SCoops comments about the goal, I've viewed it a number of times and can't be sure it crossed, so there's no way the AR could be certain from his vantage point

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I can't tell if that went over from the replay, need a side on angle to see properly. All I'm saying is it's a brave call to make from the linesman. The whole ball has to cross the line and with those conditions, well, he must have good eyesight! Good reactions from Daniels too!

Ohh dear, and I don't remember their second goal being so cheap. Nasty hoof up-field and our defenders were flat footed. Goodison just didn't have the pace.

Come Come Sonko and Boz

Such cheap shots......

Poor Shocking Shuker......hes only a little fella and I doubt he could carry enough headache tablets in his little pocket to cure my missus

And I still think that Moore is a lazy so and so most of the time, so yes be brave and drop him.

Some good news today with the number of results going Rovers way

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
who would you bring into replace moore then as bas still not ready to start

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
yeah right that would be a step forward, he will be gone soon as hes not good enough for the prfoessional game another poor barnes signing

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
look what he did on loan at kettering nothing and they were happy to send him back to us at the end of the month and there two leagues below us.

Player
Goodison
Don't forget that Kettering lost their manager the day Bain signed for them, so he hardly played.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Well he's hardly been scoring for fun in our reserves either.

Player
Goodison
Yeah I'm just saying that given the current strike rate of the strikers that are playing it seems unfair to dismiss Bain on the basis that Barnes signed him. He looked quite lively on his debut and technically scored as Mahon's shot hit him and went in. He should be given a few games, if he proves to be useless then fine, if he isn't then everybody wins.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Are you seriously suggesting replacing Moore with Bain?

Player
Goodison
No not Moore!!!! One of the other 2 players upfront - Curran probably.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I do feel it a little for Bain. He was drafted in by Barnes and hasn't been given a proper chance since he signed. He couldn't have signed at a worst time either. We were getting thumped every week.

If Parry is prepared to drop Gornell for an 18-year old loanee, I don't see why he can't give Bain a chance. Even if on the subs bench.

He hasn't played enough to tell whether he can make a difference or not.

When he was out on loan, I think he had 2 games. He came back into the reserves and was playing in defence for a time because of squad shortages and then got himself injured a week or two back.

At least give the lad a chance..

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Parry and his team will have seen enough of Bain in training, if he were good enough he'd be in. Sometimes you just have to trust in the fact that these guys are seeing him play on a daily basis and obviously don't feel he's up to scratch. He went on loan to a **** team and hardly got a game there either. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure he's probably not very good.

I don't really rate ITM but lol @ dropping him.