• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Interesting news from Fylde is that rowes striker partner Muldoon has turned down the offer of a new deal and joined Harrogate. He scored against us last season in that rout at their place so maybe that will have a bearing on things

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Apparently, Rowe signing tomorrow on a 1-year deal.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Got to be pleased if that's right but one year?
Will it be the player who has restricted it to a year so that he can move on again?

ADD

Player
Norwood
That sounds a bit fishy to me.... given we would have to pay a fee for him surely we would want a 2 year deal minimum???

p checkley

Player
pat nevin
That would be a very exciting signing and I would reckon would really kick start us for the season . Won't hold my breath though - heard so many rumours like this over the years!

Player
aldo
you would think that at least 2 years . and if we are gonna pay a big price for a decent player with great stats you would want at least 2 years . would be great seeing him in a rovers shirt

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Doesn't make sense to me. I've never heard of a one-year deal for a player we've paid money for before this year. First Manny, now Danny. The Manny deal I can understand, as the fee will have been small and MM is not 100% convinced. The Danny deal baffles me. It seems he wants league football but is not sure about Rovers and thinks he might get a better gig next year. Do we want someone who is not committed? But let's wait and see.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I don't believe we offered him a one year deal. We have been haggling over a fee (Fylde want 200,000) and it looks like the deal will go dead.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No idea of the origin, but it has been mentioned on other fan forums, including some posters with reasonable track records for inside information.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I don't believe we offered him a one year deal. We have been haggling over a fee (Fylde want 200,000) and it looks like the deal will go dead.
It's a long time since we paid £200,000 for a player and very few NL players cost that money. Given his age and the fact he's only got a year left on his contract, it's unlikely to be a bargain. For that money, you'd need a three-year contract, but then if it doesn't work out you are stuffed.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
It's all gone quiet hasn't it, anyone heard anything else regarding Danny Rowe?

Player
Jonny Morrisey
I'm desperate to get this done because I think he'd be a great signing and do really well in L2. That said, I can understand the reluctance in paying over the odds for a 29 year old who's not yet proven himself in league football.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Hopefully Rowe will have explained to AFC Flyde that he wants to play at a higher level, and as we all know, there is no point keeping a player who has desires elsewhere. Fingers crossed it happens, but that we don't get held to ransom. As with Cook, he is unproven at this level, and I would hate to see the squad become unbalanced due to a new signing on big wages.

M

Mal

with only three forwards, tranmere sure as heck need extra ones to bolster the attack.