• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I agree with your sentiment, Mal, though Tollitt can play up front and Jennings and Cole as no 10s.

Charlton1975

Player
Jason Koumas
Is Tollitt fit? I worry about the amount of time he has had out injured. If he can stay fit then I think he will be a very dangerous player this season.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
One player we won’t be signing is Ex Wrexham Loannee Scott quigley who has joined port vale. Wouldn’t have minded him to replace cookie

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Dawson must be on his 15th club by now!!

I really liked him but no one seems to want him long term

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
One player we won’t be signing is Ex Wrexham Loannee Scott quigley who has joined port vale. Wouldn’t have minded him to replace cookie

Vale have signed Ricky Miller as well haven't they?
Not a bad striker partnership.

drwhoman

RLC, or whoever else was there, how did the French trialist play beyond scoring a goal?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Waring on trial at Grimsby apparently. Was he released from his contract?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Waring on trial at Grimsby apparently. Was he released from his contract?
Not necessarily. I remember Adam Dawson going on trial to Salford last summer. They did not want him, so he returned to us for several months before his contract was finally terminated by mutual agreement.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I thought Waring might be given another chance to prove himself, but clearly this means he'll be on his way somewhere soon. Looking forward to a report from today to see how the trialists played and how fit Tollitt is.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It's gone very quiet on the transfer front. No new signings for 10 days. Not even a y more rumours. Has the Rowe deal stalled?

M

Mal

Micky said in his interview after Dunfermline that they are still looking to bring in players because they only really have 13 experienced professionals at the moment - that excludes youth etc.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I presume that means fit experienced professionals. By my reckoning we need 2 strikers, a tackling midfielder and a winger/ wide player minimum.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not sure we need two more forwards, but signing a quality striker like Rowe could be the difference between a play-off push and a season spent in the bottom half of the table. Goalscorers are that important.

Player
Jonny Morrisey
Any more news regarding the Rowe signing? Things have gone awfully quiet......is it still a possibility??