• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad for 2018/19

drwhoman

I suspect that other contributors will tell us to calm down (LOL!) but I agree with you Boz. Time is creeping on and we are two or three players short. I see Fylde have just signed a guy from Kidderminster for 50k so money is clearly not an problem there. Is it for us?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am not particularly getting nervous myself, as I think there will be more movement at the end of the month when current deals expire. However, I sensed a bit of frustration in Palios at the TROSC event the other week.

With regard to money, we have attendances that match all but a couple of clubs in League Two and reportedly a top third budget, so we are hardly the paupers of the division. However, that does not mean we can pay hundreds of thousands of pounds in transfer fees for players under contract, and most of the best strikers are under contract.

Player
aldo
at the end of the day mp has said what he wants and that is another promotion . he has a plan for this club and he said in five years he wants championship football . also with investment from a 3rd party . . the man is passionate about the club and wants the best for the club and us the fans . lets the roller coaster roll again

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
There really is no need to panic, signings will be completed in the fullness of time, just got to be sure they are the right players

Reactions: Ian

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm sure the Palioi's intentions are good, but had expected a little more player recruitment to have gone through by now.

Last edited:
Player
Jonny Morrisey
Ricky Miller is a great signing for Port Vale, I'd not heard that. I'd love to have him at Tranmere. I know people will say he's too similar to Norwood but that boy certainly knows where the net is!

Player
Manager
John King
Ricky Miller is a great signing for Port Vale, I'd not heard that. I'd love to have him at Tranmere. I know people will say he's too similar to Norwood but that boy certainly knows where the net is!
Personally, I would not have wanted him. There is no doubt he is a good player but he has had more than his share of problems off the pitch and could have upset the dressing room.

Player
ian goodison
I,m sure mm spoke about the good atmosphere in the dressing room, not sure whether we were infor him but may have thought him a risk

Player
aldo
they also said they wanted players who wants to play for us . with passion . and pride . as long as we get the right players in who cares how long it takes . if there getting money deals done will take longer to sort out

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Orient's local rag reporting that they are interested in Alabi.
Fingers crossed there!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Wow, they must be in trouble.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Suggestion that Monthe may be back with us. No idea on the accuracy.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Monthe is without a club and as the players returned for training today, he may come under the James wallace bracket of trying to get fit.

Two other notable attendees at training were Luke pulling who has sainted a new deal and, as expected, Paul mulling joins for an undisclosed fee.

I’m not overly excited by the latter but hope he does well. He has plenty of L2 experience but his record is roughly one in every 6. He played wide a lot for Swindle and apparently puts a real shift in, but this may be to disguise a lack of ability. Some are saying he’s a replacement for cook but he’s nothing like him. We still need a target man who to partner Nors. I’m treating Mullin as a like for like replacement for mangan but hopefully better quality

Player
Manager
John King
I think Sparky's comments about Mullin are harsh. The Swindon fans really seem to rate him and some have said he was their best player last season. He is not a direct replacement for Cook but I am sure he has plenty of qualities that Andy did not. I am pleased he has joined.

Mullin is by all accounts a workaholic, and if he is partnered with Norwood they will be a real handful for opposing defences.

I don't want Monthe as I don't think he is good enough.

Last edited:
M

Mal

Wow, they must be in trouble.
not according to Newham recorder. they have 23 players, though site says 26. 6 forwards apparently . Martin Ling is back and the atmosphere around the club seems to be positive again according to the local papers.

Player
Manager
John King
You also have to bear in mind that if Mullin was played wide last season, ten goals is not a bad return. Plus, he is young and still has time to improve his goalscoring.

Although I am not really a fan of Monthe, he will give us cover at left back if he joins. The defensive signings would be pretty much complete then.

Last edited:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Mullin is a good signing. Maybe not quite in the 25-goal a season mould, but I think he has real ability and is well favoured by clubs he's played for, which I think is always a positive sign. We might be able to squeeze more out of him as he's still young and I do think he'll get better.

I quite like Monthe. Big and awkward. I have slight doubts whether he can perform consistently, but when he does play well, he's a good player to have in the team.

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Mullin is a good bit of business for me.
If he puts in a similar shift to Nors then the fans will take to him.
We'd love another 20+ goalscorer but it's not the be all and end all.
Macca didn't do badly with just one player in the top twenty scoring charts last season, Wilson with 14.
Hopefully next season we'll see Ollie and CJ pop up with few more as well as contribution from Tollitt.
Is Wareing going to be the third striker? Off the bench if route one is required?
Probably not..... another squad striker likely to be brought in.