• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Stockport (2) v Rovers (0)

Match result

• Stockport

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stockport (2) v Rovers (0)
Posted by Ian
Edgeley Park
Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, October 28, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Keith Hill, get how you feel...

Stockport was the ground where I last saw Rovers win away, over a decade ago. Not going to this one. Just can't see past a comfortable home win.
If I do get to any live football, it will be Oldham v Alty, but domestic plumbing woes may prevent that.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Adkins said that Taylor will miss the game on Saturday with a foot injury, Starbuck is out for several weeks, Merrie and McAlear are still out injured, and Leake is a few weeks away. Norris has stepped up his training and will be back 'sooner rather than later'.
It's ridiculous the number of injuries this club seems to have. Only a minority seem to happen in actual games. Is it because we can only afford to sign crocks like Walker and Norris or is the training regime the problem? Or maybe it's simply because we have more players than most other L2 clubs ;) .

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just watched Nigel pre match.

Talk of rowing, dinghies and TEAM (Together Everyone Achieves More).

It is a shame that after Tuesday nights performance which was half decent, that we’re not at home with a winnable game. Away at Stockport could be a hammering and knock confidence back down again. Although I suspect Nigel is saying treat it as a free hit as it’s the games after that which are more important and are 6 pointers.

Last edited:

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
If we concede less than 4 then it will be an mmmmmmm day if any of our fans go to this one then fair play to them i wouldn't bother and yea it will still be 433. I would 442 but we know that won't happen

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Just watched Nigel pre match.

Talk of rowing, dinghies and TEAM (Together Everyone Achieves More).

It is a shame that after Tuesday nights performance which was half decent, that we’re not at home with a winnable game. Away at Stockport could be a hammering and knock confidence back down again. Although I suspect Nigel is saying treat it as a free hit as it’s the games after that which are more important and are 6 pointers.
No amount of teamwork waffle, could transform the lads into anything like a winning side. Looking at the body language, it would take some kind of miracle

Player
Manager
Keith Hill, get how you feel...

Stockport was the ground where I last saw Rovers win away, over a decade ago. Not going to this one. Just can't see past a comfortable home win.
If I do get to any live football, it will be Oldham v Alty, but domestic plumbing woes may prevent that.
say hi to Mickey, Nors, Ben, Liam and of course Gary!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just watched Challinors pre match interview. Clearly still loves the club and hopefully we’ll have him back one day

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Managed to catch up on the Adkins pre-match interview. He said something about switching to 442 in the Morecambe game with Dennis and Jenno up front. I presume that was when Rob Apter came on, as it felt like we started as a 433?

Player
Manager
Devarn done something to upset you Keith :unsure:

Don't think Gary speaks to fans, a bit beneath him
Doh!

it's got to be you mate!
Gary, is a friendly guy. And I have had some good passing chats with him.;)

ADD

Player
Norwood
Apter starts. Norris on bench! Lewis and Walker in midfield start with Morris and Hawkes on bench.

ADD

Player
Norwood
F9hyD3jXgAAq7e3

Player
Manager
On the beeb, it says we have matched up as 4-2-3-1.

Hopefully not too narrow, and leave full backs and Walker exposed.
At least it's a change! If it is!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
OS says it’s a 4-2-3-1 formation with Dennis as the lone striker. Strange, although it could be mind games. I think it probably means we’ve got Walker and Lewis protecting the back four, with Jennings, Apter and Saunders switching from attack to midfield or defence as needed.

I’d have preferred Connor up front, if anyone. But let’s see how it goes.