• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Stags

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Mansfield

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Stags
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, February 18, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, February 18, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He won't have many takers on his current form.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
He won't have many takers on his current form.
Every club wants decent strikers. If we can flog an inexperienced lad with a mediocre record to Crewe, then we could get good money for a seasoned professional like Kane.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Every club wants decent strikers.
Yes, we certainly do!

I hadn't realised Hemmings has now played a similar amount of games to when he was at Burton and only scored three less! I think his most fruitful times where in Scotland where the quality is probably not that high.

drwhoman

Yes, we certainly do!

I hadn't realised Hemmings has now played a similar amount of games to when he was at Burton and only scored three less! I think his most fruitful times where in Scotland where the quality is probably not that high.
Fair comment Ian. The top few in their PL, English Championship level and further down from there.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Yes, that is a good point. I don't think he has ever been as ruthless in front of goal as a Norwood or Vaughan, and does not contribute as much outside of the box either.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We were lucky to find a taker for him. Tries hard but not L2 level.

Wikipedia says 3 senior (ie. non-Pizza Trophy) goals at Fleetwood and 2 at Bristol Rovers.
It is worth pointing out that Nevitt has 13 professional goals to his name. If we were purely reliant on that statistic then Saunders would actually be seen as a downgrade. I’ve already said on another thread that believe overall Saunders is the better player. However, find some of the disparaging remarks about Nevitt a little puzzling given his scoring record in the professional game isn’t that bad.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It is worth pointing out that Nevitt has 13 professional goals to his name. If we were purely reliant on that statistic then Saunders would actually be seen as a downgrade. I’ve already said on another thread that believe overall Saunders is the better player. However, find some of the disparaging remarks about Nevitt a little puzzling given his scoring record in the professional game isn’t that bad.
I have not made disparaging comments about Nevitt. I have already said that Saunders is a better player than Nevitt, but pointed out that his goalscoring record to date is not any better, something you have repeated above. So you apparently agree with me......

The justifiable concern is that we are still not in a position to bring in forwards with a reliable goalscoring record.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I have not made disparaging comments about Nevitt. I have already said that Saunders is a better player than Nevitt, but pointed out that his goalscoring record to date is not any better, something you have repeated above. So you apparently agree with me......

The justifiable concern is that we are still not in a position to bring in forwards with a reliable goalscoring record.
Agree with all that and not taking issue with anything you say.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Delighted RLC and Boz have agreed about something and have even both agreed that they agree. ;)

Can we dare hope for another miracle on Saturday? ;)