• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Stags

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Mansfield

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Stags
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, February 18, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, February 18, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

drwhoman

I think it is more likely that he is on the wane.
I agree. If he moves on where would he go? It is unlikely that a top team would take him. They can find players elsewhere that are a better risk in terms of likely performance and goals. All conjecture of course but I suspect that Kane would only appeal to another mid or lower able side With less player options.

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
yes thats what i was getting at its been a hard few weeks apart from the Salford game

ALDO MUSSY

Player
ALDO
Manager
KINGY
some times that I have seen Kane play he just does not do much for me times it comes across as Lazy and he is the Captain that is just the way i have seen it and i have not seen to much of it and if I am honest with the way the team are playing I am glad I am missing it at the moment

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Crewe and Grimsby both 4 points below us and both in action tonight

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Both stalemates and another game with no goal for Nevitt.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Nevitt’s lack of goals must be a concern for Crewe, particularly as he seems to be a regular starter rather than in and out the first xi as he was here.

drwhoman

Nevitt’s lack of goals must be a concern for Crewe, particularly as he seems to be a regular starter rather than in and out the first xi as he was here.
We were lucky to find a taker for him. Tries hard but not L2 level.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
We were lucky to find a taker for him. Tries hard but not L2 level.
In the summer L1 Shrewsbury were apparently after him. Suggestions of attitude issues and he certainly didn’t kick on as hoped after a promising first season. However thinking back to how he lost weight and gained fitness, those two goals he scored to win last season’s game v Mansfield…Could have done with something like that in this match!

Last edited:
Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Nevitt was a semi-regular scorer when he was here, which suggests Mellon actually gets every ounce out of our players, contrary to the claims of some.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
But then Saunders is hardly much of an upgrade so far
Yes for all the hard work, pressing etc a strikers job is to score goals. When we signed him I’d read he had played a lot out wide or as a number ten previously, although Nors was the same at FGR.

That said, I can’t imagine Saunders having too many chances. He had a couple v Salford and one v Mansfield where he should have played mumbongo in. Plus the crosses across the box at Bradford.

So actually thinking about it, he has had enough to have gotten on the scoresheet. But if he’s played a lot out wide in the past then he may not have that strikers killer instinct (which obviously doesn’t come cheap)

Player
Manager
John King
For all of his pace and hard work, I think Saunders has only scored four goals as a professional.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think this shows us what state we are currently in. We cannot recruit an established striker. Nevitt, Saunders, Mumbongo etc etc.. Hemmings was a costly one as I can't imagine he came cheap.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
For all of his pace and hard work, I think Saunders has only scored four goals as a professional.
Wiki says 8 goals at Fleetwood and 5 at Bristol Rovers, though 7 of those were in the Pizza Cup if that counts?

Not quite sure about Saunders yet.Should have passed to Mumbongo in the Mansfield game, but there have been a few occasions, eg Hemmings think at Doncaster where a team-mate has not tried to find him when well-placed.

Player
Manager
John King
Wiki says 8 goals at Fleetwood and 5 at Bristol Rovers, though 7 of those were in the Pizza Cup if that counts?

Not quite sure about Saunders yet.Should have passed to Mumbongo in the Mansfield game, but there have been a few occasions, eg Hemmings think at Doncaster where a team-mate has not tried to find him when well-placed.
Wikipedia says 3 senior (ie. non-Pizza Trophy) goals at Fleetwood and 2 at Bristol Rovers.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’m sure Micky had the whole Vardy and Norwood chat with Saunders in terms of development to try and persuade him to sign. And it worked.

Going back to Hemmings. He has scored a lot in his career so would not be short of suitors if we ever wanted rid. He’s 31 in April so no youngster but he’s likely never been quick and can finish. It’s just not working out with us so maybe come the summer we should try and offload.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Perhaps a slight exaggeration on my part!

I think Hemmings form is as much to do with confidence as ability though. If he moves on in the summer it wouldn't surprise me to see him do
It will be interesting to see where Hemmings ends up and how well he does when he gets there. Personally I think he's still got some goals in him.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It will be interesting to see where Hemmings ends up and how well he does when he gets there. Personally I think he's still got some goals in him.
He has another year on his contract do I doubt he will be leaving unless we are able to sell him