• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers v Crawley

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Crawley

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers v Crawley
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 07:45 PM
Until: Tuesday, February 28, 2023 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
It is irrelevant to the published attendance figure.

The VAT is calculated on the gross income received, which is easily identifiable from the club's accounting system.
Guys, please stop. This was already boring several posts ago. We have all long forgotten what this was all about. This is not a forum on accounting.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Yes, we just have to manage as best as possible until the end of the season. We could still be in this position next season although I would hope not! Do a lot of the contracts end this season? I think we still have Hemmings for another season but what about the likes of Lewis and some of the youngsters?
The contracts of Murphy, Davies, Cogley, Jameson, Merrie, Nolan and Mumbongo expire this summer. Burton, Jolley and the youngsters I am not sure about. All the other senior pros are signed up for next season at least. So, we start our recruitment next summer in a very strong position. Apart from JDC and Davies, we would get a fee for any of our key players. We have not been in such a strong position since the Bosman ruling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
The contracts of Murphy, Davies, Cogley, Jameson, Merrie, Nolan and Mumbongo expire this summer. Burton, Jolley and the youngsters I am not sure about. All the other senior pros are signed up for next season at least. So, we start or recruitment next summer in a very strong position. Apart from JDC and Davies, we would get a fee for any of our key players. We have not been in such a strong position since the Bosman ruling.
Several of the squad who are under contract next season will be sold in the summer

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
I don't think he's delusional, I just think he's trying to create a model with very limited resources. IMO the football will suffer but we still have a club to go to on a Sat afternoon.
Reckon you are right in the bottom line. The delusional bit comes from believing Doohan verified the theory while ignoring all the failure from CBT onwards. The strange thing is Palios claimed Clarke could not defend on the same basis I state the same about Bristow. So I fear more verification maybe on the way but in the long run I see the plan as doomed.
I do fear a crossroads is coming, the Palios years maybe closing- they all do. There are many delusional attitudes out there, not on here, Brabin had an eye no one else since seems to have. Fans for irrational reasons don't like ex-players (they are all ex-players of course they just are against their own ex-players- strange) and don't like ageing local players. The latter has been a godsend for this club, most recently Vaughan. Hemmings was contracted higher up, the club will not attract a more qualified striker- other signings over several seasons prove this.
Several of the squad who are under contract next season will be sold in the summer
Several? Not so sure but if they are that would be a strategic choice the money being more use than them like Doohan. O'Connor, Murphy and Bristow may have suitors whether valuations match would be another matter.