• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Rovers (1) v MK Dons (2)

Match result

• Tranmere

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • MK Dons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rovers (1) v MK Dons (2)
Posted by Ian
Prenton Park
Saturday, January 13, 2024 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 13, 2024 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ADD

Player
Norwood
Typically Apter having his worst game in a Rovers shirt.
Mind you they are playing well and are definitely the better side

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Level at the break but they much the better team, hopefully we can be better in the second half, I would look to put Dennis and McAlear on if things not better after 10 or 15 mins second half

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
1-1 half time but one way traffic. Nigel needs to change something or they’ll score an inevitable second. Their keeper has been a spectator apart from the goal.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
MK Dons playing well and we've done well to go in at 1-1. Pike struggling against Tomlinson and attack too static, missing the pace of Saunders.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Must surely be some personal issue with Adkins or else he is off during the window.
His new contract suggests the club still rate him but if he can’t even get on the bench with Saunders and Norris injured then you do wonder. Although the bench is still relatively strong today but I’d have him involved

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
MK Dons playing well and we've done well to go in at 1-1. Pike struggling against Tomlinson and attack too static, missing the pace of Saunders.
Yes I agree. I never thought I’d say we miss Saunders but we do. They are keeping Apter quiet and the rest of our side is too slow.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
McGee keeping us in it, but we’re pretty toothless in attack and giving them way too much room, full-backs need to be tighter to the line. Walker has pulled out of a couple of a challenges in the middle of the park and Turnbull been sloppy. Apter picking up a silly booking late on too. Need to make changes and not let MK get in front again doubt we’ll pull it back again plating like this.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
We've got a low block set up which usually works well, but some of their movement has been excellent. Finding good room between the lines to receive the ball. Couple of our lads heads spinning to see where their player had gone.
Tomlinson has been excellent. Tough come back for Pike who looks rusty. But great ball out of defence to set the attack up for our goal.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Well that was a kick in the balls though hard to argue with the result over the 97 minutes. Did the late defensive substitutions purely to waste time play a part in our downfall? From the other end of the ground looked like we might have had an argument for a foul when the referee gives a corner.

Reactions: Ian

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Gutted to lose so late on but we deserved nothing out of the game, we were poor and they were much the better team.

The subs were a bit odd for me and we seem to sub the full backs every game which I don't understand

drwhoman

Gutted to lose so late on but we deserved nothing out of the game, we were poor and they were much the better team.

The subs were a bit odd for me and we seem to sub the full backs every game which I don't understand
I wonder if Nigel in the stand had an impact?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I wonder if Nigel in the stand had an impact?
Yes some odd changes and system changes at times and sitting very deep. Inviting them on to hit them on the counter but it didn’t really work.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Agreed. They were a good team and deserved to win but a last second goal is hard to swallow. Strange tactics second half where we just backed off and backed off. Dons were well organised, Rovers struggling to break them down. I think Rovers were happy with the point such was Dons' dominance with the ball but playing for a point is a dangerous game and we got sucker punched just as we did last week.

Two games, zero points. Need to get back on track quickly.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It looked a bit odd changing both full backs with two minutes to go. Not saying that was the reason we lost but strange

overthewater

Player
chris malkin
Can anyone explain the logic behind replacing half the back four with two minutes of stoppage time left?