• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Ronnie

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
We will probably only get the chance to move 1 or 2 out, not 7 or 8. With everybody fit and in decent form, I still believe we have enough in the current squad to finish fifth bottom (at least).

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
but all teams have injuries and we will continue to have them.

I don't go away but so far at home the only team ive seen worse than us is Stevenage. If Ronnie stays in charge all season we are certain too go down just as we were certain to go down with Les .

Player
Manager
John King
I am not suggesting that all our problems are down to injuries, but we have been unlucky in having our best player out for a year. Whoever is managing us we will need Wallace, Robbo and others on the pitch far more often in the second half of the season if we are to stay up.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm not convinced that the return of the trio of Robinson/Koumas/Wallace will fix everything, or even make a significant impact. Robinson's form has mirrored Rovers this year and he was perhaps a little fortunate to get a new deal. Koumas a gamble that hasn't paid off (yet?). Wallace perhaps, but only if he's going to reach the same levels as pre-injury, which is an unknown.

Player
Manager
John King
I never mentioned Koumas. In fact, I doubt he should have been given a contract.

The availability of Robinson would at least allow us to go back to the 4-4-2 formation that the manager and players are most comfortable with. With the changes at the back and the presence of Hateley and (hopefully) Wallace in midfield, we should be more solid than in the early part of the season, but with more creativity.

If that does not work then the players we have are simply not good enough, which is a reflection of our financial situation as much of the judgement of the manager. I am not defending every signing we made in the summer, far from it, but if a lack of quality is pervasive to the whole squad you really have to look at the deeper causes of our problems rather than condemning whoever the incumbent manager happens to be.

We will see what transpires.....

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We are only going to see an impact with Wallace after Xmas (hoping all is well and he starts reserve games soon). Bell-Baggie, while not his biggest fan, I'm confused as to why he's being labelled as out-of-form. We've hardly seen him this season. He's a frustrating player because like bigmart says he's more of an impact player but we are in desperate need of someone who can take people on and cause some problems in the final third. He needs to be in he squad because our wing play is so static and limited.

Another manager will ship people out but what quality is he going to bring in? The same quality we are limited to now dictated by budget etc..

I think our best hope is to get as many of our injured players back in the squad and push on from there. Yes, we are going to have injuries, but our current injuries/suspensions are crippling us.

Bigmart, I understand what your saying, but I think we have to be more realistic in terms of who we are, what we have available to us.. Ronnie with a wealth of experience at this level is probably our best option right now.